**** Movie Review: "DJANGO UNCHANED"

An 8x rating for some fine Tarantino dialogue and the violence. Tom Wopat even has a small role as a town Marshall. One of the reasons I like his films is he gives actors from ages ago another shot. Don Johnson plays a stupid plantation owner. Leonardo DiCaprio plays a really vile plantation owner. over 2hrs of great Tarantino work. Christoph Waltz plays a huge role in this buddy movie and once again brings the funny.

Trailers before the movie. "Oblivion" with Tom Cruise in another Planet of the Apes" movie. Oblivion is where I think his career is headed.

"The End" with Jonah Hill and James Franco about the end of the world in LA and Hollywood. The trailer was hysterical.

"The Lone Ranger" with Johnny Deep playing Tonto. Due out this summer.

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,577 Senior Member
    Spike Lee does not like the movie.

That may give it some potential.
  • The N word is used extensively but not a gratuitously as in Pulp Fiction. Spike has had a problem with Tarantino since that movie. Spike uses that word in his movies. Jamie Fox has no problem using it nor does Samuel Jackson or the rest of the crew. It's used part as period piece and to make a point about race relations both then and now. There is one scene with Don Johnson and a pack of KKK guys on horse back that was as good as the campfire scene in "Blazing Saddles".

I'm hoping Kuni San has seen the movie and will comment on what he thought.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    I was going to be an extra in "The Lone Ranger" until I found out I would have to pay my own expenses to and from Moab, plus pay for my own lodging and some of my own food while there. The pay was minimum wage too.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,238 Senior Member
    Chris Waltz impressed the hell outta me as the **** officer in Inglorious Bastards.

I want to watch this movie, but I can't stand Foxx or Tarantino.
  • Eff that.

• Buffco wrote: »
    Chris Waltz impressed the hell outta me as the **** officer in Inglorious Bastards.

I want to watch this movie, but I can't stand Foxx or Tarantino.

Buffy "Bastards" was a Tarantino film. Waltz may be even better in this film He's in it longer. He's perfect for Tarantino's banter. It's low mannered polite and you just know it's gonna end in violence. This one is somewhat like his other films that nod at the old drive in movies.
  • FlykuniFlykuni Senior Member Posts: 799 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »

I'm hoping Kuni San has seen the movie and will comment on what he thought.

Hv to say am not a Tarantino fan, he's too mod poppish -- Inglorious was just rotten fun to watch, and danger to mod kids is that they get skewed history. Hell, they barely know book history today, believe JFK's death was big convoluted conspira a la Ollie Stone. Will try to see this latest at bargain mat.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,238 Senior Member
    I know it was Tarantino's. He just gets a bit long winded for my taste.

I'll watch it just for the action and Waltz. I love the way that man talks. I'm not gay, but he would come the closest tip turning me.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,729 Senior Member
    yatahey wrote: »
    I was going to be an extra in "The Lone Ranger" until I found out I would have to pay my own expenses to and from Moab, plus pay for my own lodging and some of my own food while there. The pay was minimum wage too.

Come on, Yat. The real reason is that they were gonna make you cut your fingernails. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.