I'm voting for Romney, and this is why

Replies

• Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    Yat... lets not forget, they all do it. thvomi4.gif

Partisans are funny.....
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,887 Senior Member
    Partisans are funny.....

takes one to know one

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Sorry, but that's situational ethics at best.

Full disclosure is only appropriate if it applies to both groups, across the board.

This is pure manure.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • I posted my comment because once again by complaining how things are said and it doesn't suit you. In my opinion, that is akin to trying to change the conversation. People say things, because that is how they feel or what their opinion is. You have a choice, either deal with it and accept this board for what it is, or find another that suits your delicate sensitivities.

So, what's the plan here, mods? Harangue new posters until they leave and we're down to single digits? I'm finding it very hard to follow the thinking behind this kind of post.
    No Sherb, but when some new poster comes along and complains that someone said the word right-wad - It's like me coming to your house and saying I don't like how you talk to your wife.

I value opinions, all opinions just not someone telling me to change my verbage.

I posted my comment because once again by complaining how things are said and it doesn't suit you. In my opinion, that is akin to trying to change the conversation. People say things, because that is how they feel or what their opinion is. You have a choice, either deal with it and accept this board for what it is, or find another that suits your delicate sensitivities.

Not complaining, I'm just tired of the name calling. It's no less damaging to your cause when you guys do it than when "they" do it. It's an instant off switch to anyone who thinks both parties are full of crap and is looking for a moderate solution...if all you can do to promote your position is call the other side names, tell us how bad they are and run down the competition...you're no better than they are.

And "dellicate sensibilities"? That's the funniest thing I've read in a month. I'll repeat again: I don't care. It's tiring, but but not offensive. If you want offensive, go look at NOTSSMBBS.....
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
    takes one to know one

Know any?????
    yatahey wrote: »
    This is pure manure.

So...full disclosure only applies to the other guys? I don't believe this is what you mean....
    No Sherb, but when some new poster comes along and complains that someone said the word right-wad - It's like me coming to your house and saying I don't like how you talk to your wife.

I value opinions, all opinions just not someone telling me to change my verbage.

I'll repeat, again: I did not tell you to change. I suggested, like someone once did for me, that it was an ineffective way to have an argument. And I suggested that you guys, as a group here, can't have a discussion without the name calling...because I've seen no evidence that it's not true.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,896 Senior Member
    Is that the long way of saying "No, he hasn't shown all his records, for everything."?

That's what I thought.

Hold it Romney will not even show us his tax records and your reasoning is that Obama should show his school transcripts? Has any President in the history of ever, ever done that?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Double ought buck. You don't have to be as good a shot......

This was the answer I was looking for. I cannot trust myself to make the necessary head shot at anything but close range.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • No Sherb, but when some new poster comes along and complains that someone said the word right-wad - It's like me coming to your house and saying I don't like how you talk to your wife.

Especially when said poster has on another forum told people to "shut up" because they don't like their facts or opinions. Tho think they protest to much.
    But people who are calling for a certain level of performance/disclosure/transparency from "the other guy's" candidate better make darned sure that their candidate passes the same smell test before they start pounding the drums.....

Your endless search for equivalency has fallen short once again. We are asking from Romney the same level of exposure as The President.
    Hold it Romney will not even show us his tax records and your reasoning is that Obama should show his school transcripts? Has any President in the history of ever, ever done that?

I'm saying that full disclosure is full disclosure. It's either across the board, or it's not.

I could care less about either Obama's school records, or Romney's taxes...I already know what they are, from my perspective. I just find it comical (and hypocritical) how Republicans are still bumping their gums about Obama's records while justifying Romney's evasiveness and vice versa....
    Your endless search for equivalency has fallen short once again. We are asking from Romney the same level of exposure as The President.

Or even his own father.

That is a canard and you know it. If one side has released their tax records it is not unreasonable to expect the other side to do the same. You don't get to say I will show you nothing and then claim the other side is hiding something.
  • Things get slippery further north.
    greenman wrote: »
    Especially when said poster has on another forum told people to "shut up" because they don't like their facts or opinions. Tho think they protest to much.

Let the past go, Greenie.....some people listen, and make an effort to change....

And..........that's out of context....completely.

A search reveals that particular phrase once...about birds....
    That is a canard and you know it. If one side has released their tax records it is not unreasonable to expect the other side to do the same. You don't get to say I will show you nothing and then claim the other side is hiding something.

We agree.....

But I think it goes further than that.

Why would we, as a voting public, vote for any of these guys who refuse to disclose something as simple as a tax return, or a college transcript?

That's absurd to me...they both should be rushing to show us how good they are...and when they hide it, we know something...that neither of them is worth our trust and faith.
    Or worse, why would anyone vote for a guy who would outright lie in ads, get called on it then double down again on the same ad, get called on it again and then triple down - if that doesn't show performance, character etc I don't know what does.

greenman wrote: »
    Things get slippery further north.

Is there a part of " It's either across the board, or it's not." that is unclear? This cuts both ways, all the time, or it doesn't. Period. They're both covering up something, we don't know what...if they want to claim that what they are covering up is not as bad as what the other guy is covering up...they'll have to show us...won't they?

Until then, It's just the Situational Olympics.....
    Or worse, why would anyone vote for a guy who would outright lie in ads, get called on it then double down again on the same ad, get called on it again and then triple down - if that doesn't show performance, character etc I don't know what does.

I agree. Absolutely.
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    I believe elections are the evil work of the US Postal Service
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • SaraSara Senior Member Posts: 512 Senior Member
    Boy, way to suck the fun of a this thread! LOL! Seriously, I have never seen any other president's birth certificate or college transcripts, papers, etc. Some information gives way too much access to private information that could be used in identity theft. But the 10 years of tax returns does have a precedence.
    To be honest once someone has built up a resume a college transcript doesn't mean that much. You can be the smartest guy in class and be useless anywhere else. The taxes however are an honesty thing.
    Sara wrote: »
    Boy, way to suck the fun of a this thread! LOL! Seriously, I have never seen any other president's birth certificate or college transcripts, papers, etc. Some information gives way too much access to private information that could be used in identity theft. But the 10 years of tax returns does have a precedence.

Once we determined that effectiveness of the buck shot, we had already sucked the marrow of fun out of this thread.
    That would be cool to steal the president's identity. I would use his ID to get in all the good clubs and cruise around on Air Force One
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • SaraSara Senior Member Posts: 512 Senior Member
    I think you are a bit shorter than the President.
    Actually I think Bak4mor could be taller. In either case the hair is not quite right.
    Plus my crossover is far superior.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.