Economic Graphics

Mr. RightMr. Right Senior MemberPosts: 535 Senior Member
The graphic that Sott Butner posted has received a lot of comment on the Net. I think it has been pretty much discredited, but I don't give Scott any blame for posting it. It looked real at the time

Meanwhile, here's another graph. Will it be similarly discredited? I don't know. But it looks real to me.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-M-5t3LsRYAA/TjW1uyPF4pI/AAAAAAAAmhw/ucP9IH5L-sI/s1600/110731-1981-2012-debt.gif

And, I agree with all of you over there on the Left that GWB was way too big a spender and way too little of a vetoer.

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    What the hell are you talking about, "discredited?" I'm sure you'd like to believe it was discredited, but I have seen NO evidence to discredit it.
    Me either, honestly.
    Ouch!

Steven wrote: »
    Me either, honestly.

ohh snap

Mr Right just got a wedgie from one of the few 'conservatives' who has actual credibility
    Ouch part duex!
  • TimDTimD Senior Member Posts: 906 Senior Member
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    The graphic that Sott Butner posted has received a lot of comment on the Net. I think it has been pretty much discredited, but I don't give Scott any blame for posting it. It looked real at the time

Meanwhile, here's another graph. Will it be similarly discredited? I don't know. But it looks real to me.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-M-5t3LsRYAA/TjW1uyPF4pI/AAAAAAAAmhw/ucP9IH5L-sI/s1600/110731-1981-2012-debt.gif

And, I agree with all of you over there on the Left that GWB was way too big a spender and way too little of a vetoer.

The graph shows that for the last 30 some years, except for a little downward trend in the late 1990's, debt is growing as a % of gdp no matter which party is in the white house. My guess is that, for the same period, trend economic growth would show a slight but steady deceleration.

Tim
    Mr. Right wrote: »

Telling us to "Go shopping" didn't seem to pay for two wars now did it?
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,812 Senior Member
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    ohh snap

Mr Right just got a wedgie from one of the few 'conservatives' who has actual credibility

Steven is one of many conservatives who are thoughtful and credible, and whose opinions are worth consideration. The problem is that many who call themselves "conservatives" these days are in fact reactionaries, and batsheet crazy ones at that.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,873 Senior Member
    I agree with this

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• George K wrote: »
    Steven is one of many conservatives who are thoughtful and credible, and whose opinions are worth consideration. The problem is that many who call themselves "conservatives" these days are in fact reactionaries, and batsheet crazy ones at that.

this message is monkey endorsed
  • I'm all ferklempt.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.