Olympics

ouzelproouzelpro Senior MemberPosts: 5,361 Senior Member
Watched "highlights"; don't the commentators ever shutup?

That was the silliest, creepiest opening I've ever seen. Oh, Brave New World.

Replies

• WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    When Bob Costas is banned from the Olympics I may watch more of them.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,547 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »
    When Bob Costas is banned from the Olympics I may watch more of them.

No, no, please dear God, don't let that happen. He might go back to broadcasting baseball.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • JLTJLT Senior Member Posts: 484 Senior Member
    Switched over to Independence Day about halfway through. I realize what they we're trying to accomplish with the Empire's history, but it sure didn't float my boat.

Now when does women beach volley ball start?

And after the pot thing I kind of hope Phelps flops...
    As far as opening ceremonies go.... In my opinion the winter games in Lillehammer will never be beat. The Chinese I'll give a second place. I watched only a part of the London ceremonies. There were some cool things, but......

I'll have to watch the games that they broadcast at three in the morning, things like fencing...Costas won't be there..but who knows, maybe Diane Sawyer will be........tying a noose in a heavy rope....
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Did they put Romney in the Tower and chop off his head? Now that would have been entertaining.
    A heads up for everyone....fencing will be on this afternoon on MSNBC. They are showing all the "non prestigious' events...you know the ones that Americans can't really understand or get into.
    ha!
    We have an American hopeful in skeet shooting but when they were talking to the young lady they showed video of a doubles trap shoot. idiots.
    Dressage is on now. I've found something that could put you together faster than golf. And no dressage doesn't look elitist in the least. Right up there with bowling.
    I am a high stepper too...as i approach the line...STRIKE!
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,343 Senior Member
    I passed on the opening ceremonies. I like to watch the Olympics, but not really the prime time coverage. This is because it blows and I am not a Costas hater. They say, 'let's go over to the Olympic Stadium where the men's (insert event) here is just starting.' They have three minutes of coverage and then totally blow it off to talk more about **** gymnastics or some other non-sport ****. I'm glad NBC's satellite networks feature lots of variety. And being nocturnal due to my work schedule helps too!
    Yes the human drama angle can get out of hand. I got home from a high school grad party from down the street. I'd been up since 4 am due to going to fish a trico hatch that morning. Three beers with the grads dad and I was done.

How the heck the Limeys were gonna upstage the stuff the Chinese did with opening?
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    I thought that story about afterlife, meant social shenanigans after competition. I was so wrong.
    Maybe it's a metaphor for after the Euro zone fails?

I will say the coverage is better than when we up agin the Godless Commie Russians. You would have thought those gold medals were the storming of Stalingrad. That was the summer Paula Zann. God was she awful.
    Brian Williams says that the Queen is now being called the "New Bond Girl". I'd rather see Brian D naked on screen.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,883 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »
    A heads up for everyone....fencing will be on this afternoon on MSNBC.QUOTE]Watched about three matches (whatever they are called in fencing) through the gold medal round in women's fencing. The S. Korean lady was quick on her feet. Much more so than the taller Italian lady.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,883 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »
    I'd rather see Brian D naked on screen.
    You sure all you had down the street was three beers?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Well that was all the wife said she saw me with.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,343 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    You sure all you had down the street was three beers?

Now that is how to bring the funny!!!

The late night show is thus far all gymnastics. Men's gymnastics. Men's gymnastics with Mary Carillo talking waaaaay too much.

At least there was a good amount of swimming on the PT coverage.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    The Chariots of Fire part in the opening ceremony was amusing. I could relate to it. Back in my bar band bass player days, there was one song we played that just had a straight quarter note bassline in A, D, and E. I could play the whole thing on open strings with my right hand. I used to drink a beer with my left hand, or wave at people in the bar, or make an exaggerated show of sticking my finger up my nose in protest at the song's simplicity.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
    Brian D. wrote: »
    The Chariots of Fire part in the opening ceremony was amusing. I could relate to it. Back in my bar band bass player days, there was one song we played that just had a straight quarter note bassline in A, D, and E. I could play the whole thing on open strings with my right hand. I used to drink a beer with my left hand, or wave at people in the bar, or make an exaggerated show of sticking my finger up my nose in protest at the song's simplicity.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

Swampy, is that you?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.