Trans-fats, soda-size, and now baby formula?

2»

Replies

  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,476 Senior Member
    Congrats.

    Pregnant in the summer. Good for you.
    Thought I mentioned that?

    Thanks. Yeah, pregnant in the summer in Florida. She's loving that....
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0

    Thanks. Yeah, pregnant in the summer in Florida. She's loving that....

    Yeah, I'll bet. keep the kitchen knives out of reach.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,476 Senior Member
    I'm finding out what "pregnancy brain" is...
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,988 Senior Member
    Thought I mentioned that?

    Thanks. Yeah, pregnant in the summer in Florida. She's loving that....

    My memory ain't so good.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,476 Senior Member
    My memory ain't so good.
    Well you are a little more, er... "seasoned" if I remember correctly...
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    I'm finding out what "pregnancy brain" is...

    Has she wrecked your car yet?

    Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    I get all the benefits. My wife'll be having a baby in December. We're kinda in the process of reading up on this. If someone's on assistance then the use of formula can be disallowed unless the mother is willing to pay out of her own pocket, or there is a medical need. Much like other insurance is handled. As for cost to moms who can afford it, if she wants to cut costs, then let her do it on her own. Besides, how much of that formula is trial packs that they give out to get customers? Heck, we're offered that stuff at every doctor's visit.

    The stuff you are offered at the doctors and hospital might last two weeks. First bottle is free then your hooked to the formula company.

    I may be mistaken but I think WIC covers formula. Some women can't breast feed. **** problems ect. All women suffer from **** soreness at the beginning and for some women the pain makes them depressed because they feel inadequate as a mom and switch to formula.

    Congrats on the new addition to the family. Only advice I can offer during delivery is that you take your wedding ring off. My wife squeezed my hand so hard the ring collapsed and it hurt like hell. Other wise you job is to stand there and be "supportive" no matter what she calls you.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    I'm finding out what "pregnancy brain" is...

    Oh yea that hormonal change is something to witness. DUCK AND COVER!
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »
    Only advice I can offer during delivery is that you take your wedding ring off.

    Why? Is the nurse hot?


    Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,476 Senior Member
    Brian D. wrote: »
    Has she wrecked your car yet?

    Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
    She can't drive a manual transmission.



    (See what I did there? I knew better than to say "stick shift.")
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,476 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »
    The stuff you are offered at the doctors and hospital might last two weeks. First bottle is free then your hooked to the formula company.

    I may be mistaken but I think WIC covers formula. Some women can't breast feed. **** problems ect. All women suffer from **** soreness at the beginning and for some women the pain makes them depressed because they feel inadequate as a mom and switch to formula.

    Congrats on the new addition to the family. Only advice I can offer during delivery is that you take your wedding ring off. My wife squeezed my hand so hard the ring collapsed and it hurt like hell. Other wise you job is to stand there and be "supportive" no matter what she calls you.

    Thanks for the advice. As for the formula companies, yeah, I know they're trying to get you on big formula's teat by pushing it on you in the hospital.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    She can't drive a manual transmission.

    But she can solve this problem by backing her car into yours.

    I think there's some unspoken rule that all pregnant women have to run their car into something. It's usually nothing major, but they have a fender bender quota they have to fill.


    Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.