Speaking of Romney world fundraising event.

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 23,318 Senior Member
Isn't illegal to take money from foreigners?
'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    The Obama campaign sent some people over to Shanghai last week to host a $750 per plate dinner.

I don't know if it is illegal or not, but I believe the actual target is Americans living abroad. There are many wealthy American Jews that got religion and moved to Israel. Plenty of wealthy Americans living in London as well, of course. Presumably, there a a bunch of Americans living in Shanghai.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    Steven's right (ugh). The aim of the overseas fundraisers is Americans living abroad - not coincidenatlly, that's a demographic that often has some money to throw around.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,586 Senior Member
    Isn't illegal to take money from foreigners?

Yes, unless someone finds out if the Republicans can vastly out-earn the Dems via overseas donations. Then it would only be a matter of time until the Supreme Court hears, and upholds "Citizens of the World United." :cool:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.