Inappropriately on topic

So after a few stressful weeks at work and a continuing visit by my wife’s sister and her family I finally made it out fishing!

I had only planned on working a few hours this morning and then meeting with everyone to go to the zoo or some other activity. Well my wife calls and said the kids decide to go to the bouncy house so I didn’t have to come. I just planned on sticking around work and then realized I was being a fool..

So I ran home got my gear and was on the nearby river by 10 AM. Fished till about 1. It was pretty warm out and mid day but managed to hook into 5 bows. Nothing spectacular, biggest was about 14” but they were quite feisty.

Anyway I was hot and hungry and within the last half hour had about 14 different folks come by on inner tubes, rafts, etc so I called it a day.

I hadn’t been out in nearly 2 months. It was a great stress reliever and a great way not to spend the day in the office.

Sorry, no pics, my camera is toast. Even though the kids have dropped it a million times I dropped it for the first time ever a few weeks ago and shattered the LCD….doooohhhh!

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Hey after having to listen to the guy last week you had this one coming. Good. I'm going tomorrow and taking a book. Fish the trico hatch then read and take a nap under a tree.
    nothing spectacular???

NOTHING SPECTACULAR???

you got an impromptu kitchen pass and spontaneously end up fishing instead of working and you call that nothing spectacular?

In today's day n age I call that nothing short of spectacular!
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Local rivers are fishing extremely well lately. Glad ya got out and got into em.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    nothing spectacular???

NOTHING SPECTACULAR???

you got an impromptu kitchen pass and spontaneously end up fishing instead of working and you call that nothing spectacular?

In today's day n age I call that nothing short of spectacular!

Good point, I stand corrected. It was awesome to get out, I feel totally recharged.
    greenman wrote: »
    Hey after having to listen to the guy last week you had this one coming. Good. I'm going tomorrow and taking a book. Fish the trico hatch then read and take a nap under a tree.

Hope you have a fun time. I was kicking myself early on. About my 3rd cast I had a hit and was just about to land him. About 1 foot from my he get off....why....pi$$ poor tying.

I was so freaking spun up and frazled from everything lately I didn't even check the knot and it took me forever to tie another one on. I can laugh now!
    yatahey wrote: »
    Local rivers are fishing extremely well lately. Glad ya got out and got into em.

I had never fished there before and a buddy had just gone there the other night as flows had dropped way down. The nice part is I could fit in a few hours before or after work sometime. I need to do that more often.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,398 Senior Member
    14" would be pretty spectacular around here. ;)

Glad you got out. I might do some bassing after dinner tonight.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.