Hardy Zenith

Jim SlatteryJim Slattery Junior MemberPosts: 5 Junior Member
Anyone tried one of these yet?

Replies

• dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    Anyone tried one of these yet?

Not yet but I hope to this Sat. A southern Maine fly shop is holding it's spring open house and all the major rod dealers are there. Chance to try the Hardy's, New Sage One and the New Scott rods.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I assume that's the Sintrix model you mean?

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Jim SlatteryJim Slattery Junior Member Posts: 5 Junior Member
    Hi Mike,
    Yes the Sintrex moldel.
    Jim
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Why yes I have fished them... Most of the models.
    WOW is all I can say.
    I have been fly-fishing for around 44 or so years and I have never cast (felt) anything like them.
    I ordered 7 new Hardy Zenith's for myself (not counting the one's I ordered for the shop) this year. That's on top of the 5 I already owned.
    The 8'10" single piece rods are the most amazing rods I have ever cast. I keep it in my Titan Rod vault for travel.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    dryflie wrote: »
    Not yet but I hope to this Sat. A southern Maine fly shop is holding it's spring open house and all the major rod dealers are there. Chance to try the Hardy's, New Sage One and the New Scott rods.
    I did make to the shop open house and tried the new Hardy along with Sage's One and the new Winston and Scott Rods. All were 5wt's 8 1/2 or 9. In my opinion, and this from a long long time Sage guy, the Hardy was flat out the best of the bunch. Very close in action to my Sage RPL's. Without question if I needed a new 5wt the Hardy would be my choice.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Check out www.yellowstoneangler.com for their rod shootouts. The Hardys consistently come in near the top.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.