Home The Lodge

It's the economy

or is it

Now the Romney camp is making a big deal over whether or not the Obama Campaign can even mention that one of his accomplishments at POTUS is the elimination of OBL ... really?

this from the side that said .... Obama was a secret Muslim who would give assistance to terrorists if elected (factoring in drone attacks he's out Cheney'd Bush/Cheney) but more to the point ... what President and party trapped onto a CVN and proclaimed the mission accomplished in Spring of 2003 (that's NINE years ago for the Intelligent Design crowd and well BEFORE anything was accomplished) plus the very candidate who's campaign is making the criticism said back in '08 that if he had credible intel about a high profile target inside Pakistan he wouldn't act upon it becaus that would irresponsible

the lil school girls jealousy skirts are showing

next ...

all weekend I heard about the economy and the abysmal growth and how it didn't meet the level of analyst expectations ...

1) a growth of 2.2% is still growth and in the shadow of the worst economic event since the Great Depression, 2) it's a growth rate that any member of the EEU would be thrilled with and yes that matters since we are a global economy regardless of the economic isolationists out there and 3) (wait for it) ... one of the main reasons the 'growth' was not as big as the analysts expected (**** died and left them God anyways) was because ... because ... there was a significant drop in Government Spending ... so rightwads which is it? ... Once again the Talk Radio / Faux News crowd go all 'special needs' ... according to them government spending needs to be cut and cut now and then when it does and it impacts economic growth well then that's bad too ...

Obsessive Obama Syndrome has taken full hold

On this week we were treated to the 'brilliance' of Cary Fiorina. One run on populism after another about how government bailouts of the auto industry was bad because you know it was government spending and how California 'used to be' and that's all the fault of Demon-crats and how the entitlement mentality and out of control corporate tax rates needs to end ... she failed to mention that her beloved HP (which gave her the boot) paid a whopping 2.3% tax rate in 2009 or whether the corporate world would be giving back all the tax breaks and taxpayer funded subsidies some of which HP took while under her watch.

Meanwhile at a local level all the so-called anti-tax rightwinger's are here in MN which control the House have decided to stonewall a vote on funding a new stadium. A stadium which the Viking's owners and even the NFL say is essential for the franchise to stay. They are blocking the vote NOT because they think that it should be funded with private capital ala the theories of Fiorina (afterall they voted a tax increase for Target field) but because the way taxes will be increased and upon whom may not end up being determined by them.

In other words you current crop of RINO's spare me and the rest of us this ridiculous Talk Radio / Faux News nonsense about weakening 'Murrrica and giving aid to terrorists and poor economic performance and the usual simpleminded "uhhh taxes" routine you're starting off the '12 campaign with more of the usual pissing down the backs of the American voter and telling them it's raining.

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 11,543 Senior Member
    monkeydoes wrote: »

all weekend I heard about the economy and the abysmal growth and how it didn't meet the level of analyst expectations ...

Sounds like you need to plan better weekends. I spent mine fishing and cleaning up a river without any thoughts of what you posted above.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    that was the weekend before I leave the last weekend to the amateurs ... rained like hell all Saturday and Sunday was just fine as was the rest of the weekend

your friends in the Rightwad media with their 'unbiased' political observations have their story compressed into minutes ... which seems to fit the attention span of their audience

your continued man crush is flattering but no still means no
    joekrz wrote: »
    Sounds like you need to plan better weekends. I spent mine fishing and cleaning up a river without any thoughts of what you posted above.

I spent the weekend fishing the Big Horn in rain and gust of wind up to 45mph. I got blue ones from it but it was **** sure worth it.
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    that was the weekend before I leave the last weekend to the amateurs ... rained like hell all Saturday and Sunday was just fine as was the rest of the weekend

your friends in the Rightwad media with their 'unbiased' political observations have their story compressed into minutes ... which seems to fit the attention span of their audience

your continued man crush is flattering but no still means no

But I have no friends in the rightwad media. Silly monkey.
    greenman wrote: »
    I spent the weekend fishing the Big Horn in rain and gust of wind up to 45mph. I got blue ones from it but it was **** sure worth it.

Nice. I spent some time there in 2001 and 2007. Did you hand out the blue ones to the locals? ;)
    NO they are mine and I only share with Polish Guys from Wisconsin.
    :D

Hmmm...no polish guys I know. Croation over this way.
    All you people look alike.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,710 Senior Member
    Nearly all Polish here.

We used to have the highest Polish population in the US. We still may.

Oh and as to the thread...
    Funny how "they say (now) that it's all about the economy when all they want to pass is social legislation of one type or another. That's been especially true here in Wisconsin as of late. Greatest job loss in the country, given millions upon millions in tax breaks to the "job creators," And yet they pass crap like a person thinking about getting an abortion can't have anyone in the Doc's office with them....and my favorite...you no longer are required to teach scientifically based birth control in whatever they call "health class" anymore. Abstinence is going to work soo well.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
    only Republicans can beat the war drums when a leading terrorist dies

it's in the Bible (or maybe the magic tophat filled with magic tablets)
    Wetdog wrote: »
    Nearly all Polish here.

We used to have the highest Polish population in the US. We still may.

Oh and as to the thread...
    Funny how "they say (now) that it's all about the economy when all they want to pass is social legislation of one type or another. That's been especially true here in Wisconsin as of late. Greatest job loss in the country, given millions upon millions in tax breaks to the "job creators," And yet they pass crap like a person thinking about getting an abortion can't have anyone in the Doc's office with them....and my favorite...you no longer are required to teach scientifically based birth control in whatever they call "health class" anymore. Abstinence is going to work soo well.

So did ya catch this one?

http://host.madison.com/news/local/environment/shift-in-philosophy-dnr-writing-fewer-tickets/article_dbfe52f6-91f8-11e1-9e2b-001a4bcf887a.html
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    That is a result of voting against your (metaphorically speaking) own interests

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

"cooperating with businesses "

code for ... dump all the cowsh*t into the watersheds you want cuzz weeze gonna show dem envirowhacko liburrls who da boss

puts new meaning into the idea of holding ones nose while pulling the red lever

I knew this was coming and have heard this from some DNR people I know. Shouldn't that alone produce new jobs?
  • P.DieterP.Dieter Super Moderator Posts: 968 Senior Member
    kevin, this post is one sentence fragment short of a saltydave rant; take a breath.

just say'n
    I knew this was coming and have heard this from some DNR people I know. Shouldn't that alone produce new jobs?

A WI DNR employee out of the Rhinelander office , who is a friend of mine, recently made the following statement to me...

"It's not that the DNR doesn't care, but with this administration, don't expect us to do much about it."
    $65 wasted on an out of state license and trout stamp...
    Steven wrote: »
    $65 wasted on an out of state license and trout stamp...

We'll take your money.
    A WI DNR employee out of the Rhinelander office , who is a friend of mine, recently made the following statement to me...

"It's not that the DNR doesn't care, but with this administration, don't expect us to do much about it."

No surprise.

Wisconsin "job creation." Look at the pictures esp. Latest report from The Bloomer area says three or four new sites have opened up. One county road has already been abandoned by the truck traffic after the road was destroyed and no longer useable by the the sand haulers. Guess who is going to pay for that road....not the mining company. Add to that the legislature has passed new regs making it harder for towns and counties to put a moratorium in place. Can't interfere with "progress." And so much for local control.

http://thepriceofsand.com/sand-mine-photos/#
    Just had witness to the uptick in the fracking operations in ND on the drive home yesterday. Lots more stuff than two years ago when I drove out with Monkey.
    We'll take your money.

The woman at the Firm Worm (how can you not stop at the Firm Worm?) seemed to find issuing me a license a complete PITA.
    Buy it online, make copies and laminate them. You're going to the Firm Worm for other reasons.
    Steven wrote: »
    The woman at the Firm Worm (how can you not stop at the Firm Worm?) seemed to find issuing me a license a complete PITA.

They get pissy because they state the DNR doesn't pay them enough for the hassle.

I've always patronized the local tackle shop to get my license. This year when I went there to get it they told me they stopped selling them. I asked why and the owner stated that that every year he sells about $110,000 worth of licenses for the DNR and at the end of the year the DNR pays them $770 for their service.

My first thought was whoa, that kind of sucks. But after thinking about it after I left...$770 is better than $0. Not to mention the possible sale of goods in your store from getting people to come through the door.

I thought it was a dumb move on their part.
    Hire illegals to do dem jobs Mericans won't do!
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »
    Just had witness to the uptick in the fracking operations in ND on the drive home yesterday. Lots more stuff than two years ago when I drove out with Monkey.

Isn't that something? I've made that trek something like 7 times since September of last year, and for the first time in all the years I've been through there, you can now smell it. Glendive, which by all accounts was headed for ghost town status has now been resurrected, with a new hotel being built.

I will say this, interstate 94 through most of ND is one of the smoothest highways I've had the pleasure of driving.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

I am in a minority, but I love that road, despite the never ending road construction. It's at it's best when the clouds are dark and the rain is about to fall.
    I am in a minority, but I love that road, despite the never ending road construction. It's at it's best when the clouds are dark and the rain is about to fall.

I think you are in the minority. I hate it from the western side of MN all the way to Billings.
    I think you are in the minority. I hate it from the western side of MN all the way to Billings.

I also hate western Minnesota. Actually I don't care much for (most of) Minnesota south of Duluth.
  • Clark SalmoClark Salmo Member Posts: 46 Member
    Isn't that something? I've made that trek something like 7 times since September of last year, and for the first time in all the years I've been through there, you can now smell it. Glendive, which by all accounts was headed for ghost town status has now been resurrected, with a new hotel being built.

I will say this, interstate 94 through most of ND is one of the smoothest highways I've had the pleasure of driving.

That hotel in Glendive, which is my hometown, is already fully booked for at least a year. Haliburton reserved all the rooms before they even broke ground.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement