Home The Lodge

Monkeypox!!!!!

Ya hey dere doe chu know!?!?

So venn I talked to mah dawter an vee wuzzz discussin vut to bring to dah potluck at da Church basement on dah Sunday vell she toe me about all dah stuff on her arms from dat dere Africa place so I vent to dere interwebnet and looked it up by golly and doe chu know it sounded like dat dere monkeypox

so I called 911 cuzz I vatched dat movee Outbreaks and I didn't vant dose Armee guys here bombing everyting in Redwing

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-midway-plane-quarantine-0426-20120427,0,2859379.story

If this one doesn't make Prairie Home Companion then Keillor is missing the opportunity of a lifetime

made me snicker though ... Monkeypox is what I did my senior thesis on as a major outbreak had coincided with the WHO's proclamation that smallpox had been eradicated and the morbidity of monkeypox in humans is virtually identical so 30 some years ago the doomsayers were declaring the WHO as a bunch of frauds

Replies

• WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,710 Senior Member
    Keillor sucks as did the Who. ;)
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I didn't say he was 'great' just that this would be one from the 'you can't make this shee shee up' column

seriously ... out of ALL the dermatologic conditions on the planet ... this woman's 'mom' came up with it must be monkeypox and called the CDC

we are a nation of complete nucking idiots
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 11,580 Senior Member
    Actually this woman's mom called the local hospital and not the CDC.

While Sievers' flight was en route to Midway, her mother confused Sievers' bug bites and the boy's pustules, and called her local hospital

The local hospital then called the CDC...

Any time you mention you've been in a tropical country like Uganda and you've developed what sounds like an infectious disease, well, they call the CDC right away "they" being the hospital in this case.

The CDC officials are the ones who came up with the fact that it might be monkeypox. Not the woman's mom.

According to a news release from the CDC issued Thursday, authorities suspected Lise Sievers may have come down with monkeypox, a contagious disease that occurs mostly in western Africa and causes victims to break out in small, crusty bumps

Didn't drink your coffee again huh?
    yes, this is true.

note: I bet you listen to him every week. [joke] Whenever someone tells me about the last great PHC show they heard I always view them differently. I expect them to break into a whiny folk song about the struggle of how hard it is being upper middle class and how their ipad isn't working.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,712 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »
    Keillor sucks as did the Who. ;)
    I like PHC.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    PHC is kinda like a Minnesota meringue.
    joekrz wrote: »
    Actually this woman's mom called the local hospital and not the CDC.

While Sievers' flight was en route to Midway, her mother confused Sievers' bug bites and the boy's pustules, and called her local hospital

The local hospital then called the CDC...

Any time you mention you've been in a tropical country like Uganda and you've developed what sounds like an infectious disease, well, they call the CDC right away "they" being the hospital in this case.

The CDC officials are the ones who came up with the fact that it might be monkeypox. Not the woman's mom.

According to a news release from the CDC issued Thursday, authorities suspected Lise Sievers may have come down with monkeypox, a contagious disease that occurs mostly in western Africa and causes victims to break out in small, crusty bumps

Didn't drink your coffee again huh?

musta been one of those nonexistant not for profit hospitals that don't exist

her mother confused Sievers' bug bites and the boy's pustules, and called her local hospital

today is brought to you by the word 'pustule'

bet they are Packer fans too
    FishTX wrote: »
    I like PHC.

Not one of us is perfect. :)

At least I am pretty sure that we'll hear no whiny folk song coming from you about upper middle class angst.
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    musta been one of those nonexistant not for profit hospitals that don't exist

her mother confused Sievers' bug bites and the boy's pustules, and called her local hospital

today is brought to you by the word 'pustule'

bet they are Packer fans too

Except that pustule is generic in meaning. Its used to describe a myriad of skin condituons. It doesn't indicate monkeypox as you suggest. That's just your assumption....per usual.

Its OK though. We are used to it. In your egotistical rush to tell us how you're better than other people, you tripped over a few details along the way.
    maybe she should have called the billing department instead
    In your egotistical rush to tell us how you're better than other people,

if you only knew how Cheezie-sconsin this sounds

:rolleyes:
    .............. you tripped over a few details along the way.

Everyone seems to do that now and again.
    axe grinding man crushes are just 'special'
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    maybe she should have called the billing department instead

Why call the billing department?
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    Except that pustule is generic in meaning. Its used to describe a myriad of skin condituons. It doesn't indicate monkeypox as you suggest. That's just your assumption....per usual.

Its OK though. We are used to it. In your egotistical rush to tell us how you're better than other people, you tripped over a few details along the way.

Yeah! just what we need, our weekly Monkey, joekrz love spat. The Lodge wouldn't be the same with out it...

Carry on fellaz

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

I keep telling him 'no' means NO

and yet he obsesses

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement