Have you done as Obama asked?

I tried to contact my GOPer 3rd district and leave and e-mail. Sites are down.

Replies

• yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Same here. Sites are STILL down. Or there is a conspiracy and they're just not answering the phone so they can say they didn't get any calls or emails. More dirty tricks from the party of no compromise.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    No.
    A) I'm so pissed at both parties and the President right now that I don't feel like putting forth the effort.
    B) My Congressman is a total ****. He was off-the-chart crazy right wing before it was cool to be totally bat shiite crazy-right-wing.
    C) See A. I've just about had it with this ridiculousness. Why in the hell does 60% of the House of Representatives get to steer the ship when the Dem's have the White House and Senate. Ineffective leadership from Reid and the President!

In another thread I love Yatahey's idea: The President should have had a no-**** 'coming to God' meeting with the House. Steven says he was too harsh in his speech last night. I say he didn't do enough to call out the baggers and ****!!!
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    Oh hell no! I hate eating peas!
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    I made your call for you.
    site was down here too

so I called and the congressional aide said "Obama who? ... Obama Bin Laden is dead."
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    I persisted on my Congressman's site last night for about 3 hours, finally got through. Expressed my support for a reasoned, compromise solution that would not throw our area into economic chaos (4 of our 5 top employers are federally funded, mostly jobs related to cleaning up 60 years of cold war contamination). And reminded him that the tea party represented perhaps 30% of his constituents, that his allegiance needed to be what was good for the country, not what was ideologically pure.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,689 Senior Member
    I told me tea bagger nut-job congressman that if he did not vote to increase the debt limit, not only would I not vote for him, I would put together a fundraiser for his opponent in both the primary and the general election.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • slenonslenon Senior Member Posts: 148 Senior Member
    My lying REMF teavangelist congressman's phone went straight to voicemail. Voicemail was full - no way to leave a message. I wrote my complaints and suggestions out, faxed them to his office with a promise to work against his re-election in any way possible.

This is my 2nd fax to his office this week
    Obama Bin Laden is still dead

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.