Rove and Koch's may have to reveal donors

2»

Replies

  • Mr. RightMr. Right Senior Member Posts: 535 Senior Member
    Can anybody explain why George Soros' political spending is OK and the Koch brother's is not? Aside, that is, from Soros' political views being closer to yours than the Koch brother's are.

    I really don't see the distinction. Just as I don't see why it is OK for unions to make big contributions but it is not OK for corporations to do the same.

    As previously stated, though, I'd love to see all big contributions stopped.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    but but Steven

    remember ... it's only Demon-crats who do sneaky, nefarious, behind the scenes things all hell bent on destroying Jesus America

    Truth straight from the horse's mouth. Well, one end of the horse anyway. Monkey comes out of the closet as a Republican.
    There are worse things in life than being a born cynic.
  • Mr. RightMr. Right Senior Member Posts: 535 Senior Member
    I just checked and there is no warning from the mods. Nor do I expect any.

    I come here to debate and to share information that often seems lacking. I usually post with a reasonable tone of voice, though sarcasm will occasionally come into play.

    Comic had accused me of calling names because I use the terms Lib and Left. I don't see those as name calling, but did ask Comic to suggest some terms that would be descriptive, but acceptable. Didn't get a response.

    I'll stop at that out of deference to Goldenladle's request.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    Can anybody explain why George Soros' political spending is OK and the Koch brother's is not? Aside, that is, from Soros' political views being closer to yours than the Koch brother's are.

    I really don't see the distinction. Just as I don't see why it is OK for unions to make big contributions but it is not OK for corporations to do the same.

    As previously stated, though, I'd love to see all big contributions stopped.

    S-vs-K.jpg?4c9b33

    It has pictures and junk so you can understand it better.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,637 Senior Member
    There is no debating here anymore. Look around,, notice many others with differing opinions??? Yea they got "reported to the mods" too. It's a back slapping liberal love fest where non conforming opinions are gang **** by the usual group. There are a few level headed folks left but they don't post much anymore. I come here mostly now to see Butners work because it's often inspiring. Nothing against anyone here just a view from one who's been around several years and seen the rise and fall of this place. The constant political bashing is worse here then the Rush radio shows they love to criticize sooo much. Pot meet kettle.

    Of course I'm just playing the victim like a good R......
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    Can anybody explain why George Soros' political spending is OK and the Koch brother's is not?

    who said this?

    what's being contended is the assertion that one is even remotely close to the other ... and I am not sure but has Soros 'hidden' his political support?

    the Teaidiots go on n on about how they are 'grassroots' and the new age patriots standing guard on the village green next to the smithy under the spreading chestnut tree ... they don't even realize their souls were bought and paid for by the Kochs and before you go on about ... you've even got one of the brothers on tape lying about involvement with the Tea Party movement

    so what? say folks, the Kochs are are for freedom ... the Koch Brothers are for the Koch Brothers <period> ... while they denounce gubbmint spending they stick their hands into the taxpayer's pocket to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars per year and while they tell you they are opposed to gubbmint oppression they simultatneously use government to confiscate the private property of people via imminent domain for their own private eneterprise ... But they warn of the perils of socialism so the tri-cornered dunce hat crowd fall in line and march around in colonial ye olde times garb

    so while they both give to their respective political spectrums at least Soros does it in the open and that is the point and another part is that Soros' personal resources is roughly half the Koch's and we're talking billions with a B

    BTW ... my comments about 'corporations' are people nonsense just presume that corporations Only donate to Republicans because that's never been the case
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Wooo "gang ****".
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    MikeA wrote: »
    There is no debating here anymore. Look around,, notice many others with differing opinions??? Yea they got "reported to the mods" too. It's a back slapping liberal love fest where non conforming opinions are gang **** by the usual group. There are a few level headed folks left but they don't post much anymore. I come here mostly now to see Butners work because it's often inspiring. Nothing against anyone here just a view from one who's been around several years and seen the rise and fall of this place. The constant political bashing is worse here then the Rush radio shows they love to criticize sooo much. Pot meet kettle.

    Of course I'm just playing the victim like a good R......

    I like how the so-called 'right' is all about freedoms until they are confronted with a differing opinion (even supported with facts) then suddenly they are the oppressed class

    want some cheese with that whine?

    seriously ... if it's something you believe in ... truly believe in ... then stand up for it

    but if you are that easily 'victimized' by alternative opinions on a subject then maybe something in your subconscious might be questioning the legitimacy of your viewpoint
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    There is no debating here anymore. Look around,, notice many others with differing opinions??? Yea they got "reported to the mods" too. It's a back slapping liberal love fest where non conforming opinions are gang **** by the usual group. There are a few level headed folks left but they don't post much anymore. I come here mostly now to see Butners work because it's often inspiring. Nothing against anyone here just a view from one who's been around several years and seen the rise and fall of this place. The constant political bashing is worse here then the Rush radio shows they love to criticize sooo much. Pot meet kettle.

    Of course I'm just playing the victim like a good R......

    I'm glad you admit this because it was the election of Obama that sent all the right wingbats running to GOTC to continue their attacks without so much as a single opposing voice. They could have stayed, they choose to run to their mutual admiration society over there.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,311 Senior Member
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    I just checked and there is no warning from the mods. Nor do I expect any.

    I come here to debate and to share information that often seems lacking. I usually post with a reasonable tone of voice, though sarcasm will occasionally come into play.

    Comic had accused me of calling names because I use the terms Lib and Left. I don't see those as name calling, but did ask Comic to suggest some terms that would be descriptive, but acceptable. Didn't get a response.

    I'll stop at that out of deference to Goldenladle's request.

    Wow I just couldn't resist peeking. Now I know why I ignore you. This is the most FOS statement ever. There is not a single post in here from you that is in a civil tone or manner and yet here you are again whining like a little *****.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    5248918.jpg
    Now tell me have you ever been to the Lodge to get your salad tossed digitally?
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Obama is just waiting to be re-elected and then he will enslave all white people

    everyone knows this
  • Mr. RightMr. Right Senior Member Posts: 535 Senior Member
    Greenman, thanks for posting that. I suspect it is a bit biased, but it had info I did not know.

    I don't think it addresses my basic point, though. I believe we have a problem with big bucks donators, from both sides, becoming more important to our elected officials than the average voter is. I believe it leads to corruption in our political process. I'd like to see it gone. But, if it can't be made to go away, I'd like to see things equalled out. And I continue to believe that those who believe otherwise are illogically driven by who's ox is being gored.

    Comic, do me a favor and stop peeking if you cannot hear in your head the reasonable voice that is in mine when I post here. The problem in your head. And, if you hear whining, it is an especially pernicious hearing problem on your part.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,311 Senior Member
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    Poo Flinger.

    "Epic fails"?

    I stongly suspect that when you failed to make your high school debating team they told you it was because you were too short.

    You posted the silly title of this thread. The link took me to a blogger who was wearing similar blinders. All Kochs and Rove, no mention of Soros, etc. The link I posted had a lot more facts than the one you posted.

    Come on. You must be able to do better than this! Well, maybe not.

    Yes this is civil.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,311 Senior Member
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    Yatahey, have you become delusional?

    Here's the thread name and content of your original post.

    Rove and Koch's may have to reveal donors
    The U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia issued a ruling that could begin the process of revealing the identities of secret donors to groups connected to Karl Rove and the Koch brothers.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...869,b=facebook

    I made it past reading about **** and Jane, got through and Ivy League school in the top 10% of my class and managed to get an MBA from a top 10 B-school. You? This latest post of yours really has me wondering.l

    This one too.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,311 Senior Member
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    Yatahey, yet another case of you appearing to be more dense than lead.

    Let me try to point it out for you in simple words.

    1. When you started this thread you had to give it a title.
    2. The title you chose was "Rove and Koch's may have to reveal donors".

    In the interest of being helpfu, may I suggest that your reading comprehension might increase if you clean your monitor of all the frothy spittle that has accumulated there.

    It's like reading Emily Post.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    In fairness, Chris, the posts he was responding to were equally "civil". And all parties failed to heed Goldenladle's cease and desist request, which was very politely put, when he could have just yanked all the posts.
    There are worse things in life than being a born cynic.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,311 Senior Member
    Not actually, the first personal attack was his. All that was pointed out was that he epically failed to make his point.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    flytrap wrote: »
    In fairness, Chris, the posts he was responding to were equally "civil". And all parties failed to heed Goldenladle's cease and desist request, which was very politely put, when he could have just yanked all the posts.

    Dude,
    He went on and on about how "reveal" means the same thing as "limit". It was an obvious attempt to annoy. Is there any "debating" that reveal and limit do not mean the same thing.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    MikeA wrote: »
    There is no debating here anymore. Look around,, notice many others with differing opinions??? Yea they got "reported to the mods" too...

    just curious who here has been "reported to the mods" for having a differing political opinion?

    versus the endless line of those banned at GOTC after a single post?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,942 Senior Member
    yatahey wrote: »

    Dear mods. I think it's time this troll receives a warning.

    As a non combatant I would say that knife cuts both ways.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,854 Senior Member
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    I just checked and there is no warning from the mods. Nor do I expect any.

    I come here to debate and to share information that often seems lacking. I usually post with a reasonable tone of voice, though sarcasm will occasionally come into play.

    Comic had accused me of calling names because I use the terms Lib and Left. I don't see those as name calling, but did ask Comic to suggest some terms that would be descriptive, but acceptable. Didn't get a response.

    I'll stop at that out of deference to Goldenladle's request.

    The give it rest comment was directed at all. The constant snipping of late is getting rather tiresome. Mr Right, you often condescend to the liberals and I'm sure that is the reason why you get the responses you do. Every one else seems to have a short fuse lately, I'll say it again. give it a rest.

    Perhaps it's time to step back and take a deep breath before anyone posts anymore on this thread, or it can be removed if the discussion doesn't take a more civil tone.

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

    Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,311 Senior Member
    In fairness I have seen no behavior that is out of line for this place and no warning is necessary.

    I just see no reason to engage in a conversation with a man that misrepresents everything you say and refuses to actually discuss issues and then whines when he is called on it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    Poo Flinger.

    "Epic fails"?

    I stongly suspect that when you failed to make your high school debating team they told you it was because you were too short.

    You posted the silly title of this thread. The link took me to a blogger who was wearing similar blinders. All Kochs and Rove, no mention of Soros, etc. The link I posted had a lot more facts than the one you posted.

    Come on. You must be able to do better than this! Well, maybe not.

    "You posted the silly title of this thread. The link took me to a blogger who was wearing similar blinders. All Kochs and Rove, no mention of Soros, etc. "

    where did I do any of this? WTfrontdoor are you rambling about
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    The give it rest comment was directed at all. The constant snipping of late is getting rather tiresome. Me Right.

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Says it all.
    There are worse things in life than being a born cynic.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Has Soros given money that influences outcomes for his pocket book in the manner that the Koch Brothers have for theirs?

    Unions give money to political causes because it reflects the interests of their individual voting members. Slightly different IMO than two Gilded Age babies who got their money the old fashion way. (daddy left if for them)
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,311 Senior Member
    I have said for years. Let everyone give what they want and make the candidates and political organizations list their donors. Let us make our candidates dress up like NASCAR drivers and if you want a President that is sponsored by Tide, vote for him/her.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    anyone who uses anything but Cheer is a hateful bigoted liburrl that wanst to turn us into another Russia

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.