Took my kids to the zoo today

TrootfisherTrootfisher Senior MemberPosts: 901 Senior Member
We are members.

Had to show photo ID to enter.

Another outrage.

Replies

• SaraSara Senior Member Posts: 511 Senior Member
    They want to be sure that you are not related to anyone in the ape exhibit. Escapes.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member
    They are paranoid since that incident with MonkeyDoes in the primate house. I understand they are using a Curious George doll to get the apes to show zoo keepers where MonkeyDoes touched them.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    4WiseMonkeys-550x412.jpg
  • rhumblinerhumbline Senior Member Posts: 154 Senior Member
    Isn't that racist?
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people look smart until you hear them talk.
  • TrootfisherTrootfisher Senior Member Posts: 901 Senior Member
    I'm mad at this particular zoo.

It's actually a "mini-zoo" designed for kids. It doesn't take forever to walk around and they have a smaller sample of animals that are still exciting for kids.
    Plus they have a playground, carousel, train ride, a place to feed goats and sheep and much more. . .

Anyhoo, they got rid of their capybaras. The capybara is hands down my favorite animal on planet earth. You say anything bad about the capybara and I'll show up
    at your house. I don't know why they got rid of it. But the anteater is pretty frickin' cool, as is the porcupine. Still, no capybara though. . .
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,300 Senior Member
    They had a zoo like that on Staten Island. Can't remember if they had a capybara though. I think you can keep them as pets.

You just reminded me that it has been like 30 years since I have been to the San Diego Zoo. I should do that this summer.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,575 Senior Member
    Isn't the capibara the largest of the rodents?
    Maybe they traded them in for a chupacabra? Admittedly they would have to trade many capibara and probably a high draft pick or two for one of those beasts.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    Sara wrote: »
    They want to be sure that you are not related to anyone in the ape exhibit. Escapees.
    Ouch! I didn't realize Sara had a vicious streak.

Capybara makes great dubbing, er, uh, never mind.

I've been fortunate enough to visit some great zoos (and, unlike Monkeydoes, allowed to leave without showing IDs) but the San Diego zoo was the best, although I haven't been there in 55 years now.
    There are worse things in life than being a born cynic.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member
    rhumbline wrote: »
    Isn't that racist?
    Nope. Just speciesist.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    rhumbline wrote: »
    Isn't that racist?

No if it was racist the last monkey's junk would be so large his hands couldn't cover.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Meerkats! No zoo is complete without them. But you do need an ID.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.