I learned the hardest lesson in photography

FishTXFishTX Super ModeratorPosts: 7,914 Senior Member
I bought a 5-in-1, 43" reflector. White, gold and silver reflective surfaces, black for blocking light, and white translucent material for softening light.

The hardest lesson? Figuring out how to fold it so it goes back into the storage bag. :D
"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Replies

• Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    lol -- the round one? I've got that too, use it a lot for flower close-ups (the translucent middle part works great)

I can get it to fold up, but can't do the same with my big one.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,576 Senior Member
    Ha! I get my **** kicked by highway maps and aeronautical charts on a regular basis so I feel your pain! I can also cross thread a 2l pop bottle with the best of them.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    I have that one too

At least with the zipper on cover you know at some point it was possible
  • swiperswiper Senior Member Posts: 396 Senior Member
    lol -- the round one? I've got that too, use it a lot for flower close-ups (the translucent middle part works great)

I can get it to fold up, but can't do the same with my big one.

You have a big one?
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member
    I finally cheated. I typed "folding a reflector" in youtube. It needs a full twist (360°). You get two circles that lay together, but are unequal in size. You can pull the edges of the smaller circle and it will get bigger and the other get smaller. When they are about the same size, it will fit in the bag.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Ha! I get my **** kicked by highway maps and aeronautical charts on a regular basis so I feel your pain! I can also cross thread a 2l pop bottle with the best of them.
    Same here. I also cross thread the cap for the 1 gallon and 1 quart paint cans I use for work. I use a back and forth twisting motion till I feel the cap settle into place, then turn to close.

Maps are worse, because I never pay attention to how they unfold. However, I'd rather have a map than a gps in the truck. With a map, I feel like I'm using my brain to find my way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.