the Po Po

P.DieterP.Dieter Super ModeratorPosts: 968 Senior Member
they had way more evidence and reason to arrest Josh Powell in Utah than Zimmerman in Florida. Might it actually be more risky to be a woman in Utah then a black man in Florida.

[/splittinghairs]
___________________________________________________________________________________
it is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it
- Aristotle

Northwest Fly Anglers

Replies

• WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    "Woman is the "n" of the world" "Lennon/Ono"

sounds like bull to many but explain away how come authorities allow men to repeatedly beat the hell out of their wives and girlfriends. I don't know how many times I've heard, "She asked for it."
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    women just all emotional n stuff n junk and need to be quieted down no matter what it takes

anyone seen my shovel?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,942 Senior Member
    I had a brother in law like that. What baffles me more is why they keep going back.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    women just all emotional n stuff n junk and need to be quieted down no matter what it takes

anyone seen my shovel?

Whatever...we've seen the pictures of the future Mrs. Monkey...she'd kick your a$$.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,297 Senior Member
    My best friend from High School just lost his daughter to some psychopath. Wives are not property and no man should be allowed to put his hands on her without some consequence.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    it's not **** if you're married ... I do = pre-consent

Phyllis sezz so
    BTW ... Josh Powell + LDS + West Valley City, UT - PD = nothing to see here or charge here move along

(it's Bible science)
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,568 Senior Member
    Monkey nailed it. If he was non-LDS things may have been different.
    Plus the Flyers Penguins game on NBC tomorrow is being pre-empted for the LDS general conference broadcast. Bastards!
    Wait I thought only Muslims mistreated their women.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Wait I thought only Muslims mistreated their women.

Strange response for what you just said.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    Seems to me women who keep going back to abusers are, in a way, asking for, in that they have such low self-esteem they just feel they must deserve.
    I am not in favor of hitting women, but, if one were to hit me first she'd better have a pillow on her butt because she'd be landing on it. Violence begets violence.
    There are worse things in life than being a born cynic.
    flytrap wrote: »
    Seems to me women who keep going back to abusers are, in a way, asking for, in that they have such low self-esteem they just feel they must deserve.

Uh-oh! Ladies and gentlemen I present you the next 40 page+ Lodge thread.

I don't know, my SIL is smart makes good money but she always ended up going back to him. My wife got me involved twice against my better judgment. Finally after 12 years and two children they divorced and moved on with their lives. I just don't understand the mindset that keeps them going back for more. It's not like she needed him for support. Go figure.
    it's A L W A Y S the victims fault

s c i e n c e .......
    it's A L W A Y S the victims fault

s c i e n c e .......

I think it's flawed science. She didn't do anything to deserve getting beat like that.
    but we've already heard that they're sorta asking for it

you know ... personal responsiblity n all
  • SaraSara Senior Member Posts: 511 Senior Member
    I see many years of women's rights down the drain because of the Republican agenda. We are under attack. Sorry to my Repub friends, I was once one of you.
  • SaraSara Senior Member Posts: 511 Senior Member
    Sometimes women go back because they can not make it financially without the man. Survival. Or perceived survival. And there is a stigma attached to single women and single mothers. I am fortunate to have a good career, and I can survive financially without a man; even with a teen, who has champagne taste on a water budget!
    but we've already heard that they're sorta asking for it

you know ... personal responsiblity n all

Now your getting crazy again.

What does personnel responsibility have to do with a man beating up on his wife.
    Please share this twisted logic.
    I never thought about the single mom thing. From my vantage point it made no sense what so ever.
    Sara wrote: »
    Sometimes women go back because they can not make it financially without the man. Survival. Or perceived survival. And there is a stigma attached to single women and single mothers. I am fortunate to have a good career, and I can survive financially without a man; even with a teen, who has champagne taste on a water budget!

Witnessed that with a neighbor. Wasn't till she moved out that the bruises on her arms and legs made sense. And the way the kids would act about certain things. Dad had the purse strings and made her dance to his tune. Funny though he is and accountant and kind of a worm. Guess the stereotype of a large brute in a beater shirt doesn't all ways fit the bill.
    I am not in favor of hitting women, but, if one were to hit me first she'd better have a pillow on her butt because she'd be landing on it. Violence begets violence.

Really? You can't take a punch from a girl?

Walk out and don't return without a sheriff for your things.
    that's not the way the Duke would do it and we all know what a real man he was
    Well he also comes from the "Gone With the Wind" era where date **** was considered romantic.
    I thought it was required in order to be a real man

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.