Constitutional question.

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 23,867 Senior Member
For some reason I was under the impression that the Bill of Rights could not be amended. But now when I try to look that up, I don't see anything on that. Could we if we chose amend the 2nd Amendment?
'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    The Bill of Rights are themselves amendments, and so can be amended in the same fashion as any other change to the constitution.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,867 Senior Member
    Thanks James. I have no idea where I got that in my head.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • TrootfisherTrootfisher Senior Member Posts: 901 Senior Member
    Thanks James. I have no idea where I got that in my head.

That's what BrianD's mom said.

(I'll have you know I had to go through the whole change password thing- and it took minutes- so that I could post this)
    ;)

• bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    We should ammend the 2nd to let me have a machine gun.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    bakerloo wrote: »

Will you be wearing a hoodie with it?
    I can see a time in our future, maybe not in our lifetime when it will be considered an anachronism, and it could honestly be amended out of the constitution.
  • TrootfisherTrootfisher Senior Member Posts: 901 Senior Member
    bakerloo wrote: »

+1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.