Support the troops

we haven't audited the Pentagon in more than 30 years

Mittens and Lil Ricky have both put there war experience out there observing the number of ships we no longer have

noting 'since 1917' our Navy has the fewerst ships ever

forgetting that most of those no longer ships in the now weak Navy had to do with auxilliary and support and these days we have large assets fullfilling multi-capability roles which can deploy for months at a time

but the fearful white people in the audience just looked agape in horror because that secreat Muslim in the White House has left us defenseless

honestly ... this is what the GOPers got? this is their vision for America? we out spend the rest of the world already on defense and their fall back is to complain it's not enough because we are now weaker than since before World War I

this is just like the episode of Family Guy where Lois runs for Mayor and as soon as it appears she's losing the debate she yells ... 'the Terrorists and Darth Vader and the Legion of Doom' and all the people in the auditorium begin taking their cash our their wallets and throwing it at her

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Happiness is a warm (and properly lubricated) Defense Patron.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    You never know when you will have to destroy the earth more than once.

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    You never know when you will have to destroy the earth more than once.

Mike

I'd say the time is now.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    We should have at least 50 aircraft carrier battle groups just so we can hold our heads up. And then we can draft all the unemployed just to man them. Solves the defense and employment problems in one swoop. Oh, a dozen battleships just for show.

Interesting to note China now has its first aircraft carrier and I understand India has built a couple. Allegedly this poses a potential menace to our base in Diego Garcia. Excuse me, but **** vital interests do we have in the Indian Ocean? Belay that, (to get into the proper nautical atmosphere) I suppose we do have to protect the oil routes coming out of the Red Sea into the IO.
    There are worse things in life than being a born cynic.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    flytrap wrote: »
    We should have at least 50 aircraft carrier battle groups just so we can hold our heads up. And then we can draft all the unemployed just to man them. Solves the defense and employment problems in one swoop. Oh, a dozen battleships just for show.

Battleships don't grow on trees. More debt.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.