Home The Lodge

You Have to Love the 1%ers

WetdogWetdog Senior MemberPosts: 5,910 Senior Member
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/24/banker-1-percent-tip-receipt_n_1299280.html

Reminds me of the rich jerks I observed in Newport RI.
I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    If he came in again the help should spit in his food
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,508 Senior Member
    The server should put his name and pic on facebook so everyone can spit on his food.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Some people deserve to be kicked in the junk.

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    he needs the "special sauce".
  • TrootfisherTrootfisher Senior Member Posts: 901 Senior Member
    Orange County, California . . . not surprising.
    I heart Newport Beach.

I love that place.
    Really I would think you would be a PB kind of guy.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    yeah, I like it there too. But I've always liked Newport. Someday (hell, maybe this year if I can afford it) I'm gonna rent one of those beachhouses on the boardwalk for a week and hang out. I'll give you a call if I do and you can drive in from the hinterlands. :)
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 3,094 Senior Member
    The restaurant's statement reveals that their hard receipt copies do not, in fact, match the photo

More BS
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    sherb wrote: »
    yeah, I like it there too. But I've always liked Newport. Someday (hell, maybe this year if I can afford it) I'm gonna rent one of those beachhouses on the boardwalk for a week and hang out. I'll give you a call if I do and you can drive in from the hinterlands. :)

Sounds awesome.
    Buford wrote: »
    The restaurant's statement reveals that their hard receipt copies do not, in fact, match the photo

More BS

the 1% thanks you for your support
    Sucks it's not real. Could have been a teaching moment.
    sherb wrote: »

Make sure to check out Balboa Island and maybe even rent a place there.
    Steven wrote: »
    Sucks it's not real. Could have been a teaching moment.

Yes especially when the server spit in his food.
    Yeah, if the guy ever existed.

It amazes me you guys aren't embarassed. I would be...but hey, that's just me.
    Why should I be embarrassed? Imagine my surprise when a Blog does not prove to be a reputable source.

Does it change the fact that if someone were to do this, they would be a **** of the highest order and would deserve to have his food spit upon for a lifetime?
    At least Huffington post was ethical enough to issue a correction to the story.
    True Food Kitchen spokesperson Jami Ragan said that the restaurant's copies revealed the actual receipt to be for $33.54, not $133.54, with a tip of $7 (slightly more than 20%). The real receipt was also absent any "GET A REAL JOB" notation.

The blogger's photoshop skills are pretty amazing.
    Why should I be embarrassed? Imagine my surprise when a Blog does not prove to be a reputable source.

Does it change the fact that if someone were to do this, they would be a **** of the highest order and would deserve to have his food spit upon for a lifetime?

Why should you be embarassed? For jumping on this because you want this to be true and not waiting to find out if it were.

Such a guy would be a **** of the highest order...but such a guy doesn't exist.

Hey, here's an idea! Abraham Lincoln Quotes!
    I am pretty sure that somewhere in America this guy exists.

Okay maybe I am mildly nonplussed. But it is not like I was staking my reputation on the stories authenticity.

Huffington should not have published it before it was sourced and confirmed. But like I said they have updated the story since.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    After Leona Helmsley, anything is possible.

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Why should you be embarassed? For jumping on this because you want this to be true and not waiting to find out if it were.

can we note for the record that I didn't comment until after it was debunked

:p
  • TrootfisherTrootfisher Senior Member Posts: 901 Senior Member
    Yeah, if the guy ever existed.

It amazes me you guys aren't embarassed. I would be...but hey, that's just me.

good lord Steven, how pretentious can you be . . .

I didn't lose a second of sleep over commenting on a "news" article that turned out to be false.

To do so would be to place too much importance over such a trivial matter.
    Not very. Should I work on it?
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    I always thought the guy WAS Steven.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
    Yes, I don't exist either.
    Promises, promises.
    Don't be too sure. Somebody has to pay income taxes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement