Limestoned

ScottPScottP Senior MemberPosts: 480 Senior Member
(Guess I could have posted this on the South forum but it prolly would have died of loneliness)

Had to deliver a Care package to the youngest and parlayed a stop at the local spring creek into the supply drop.

Pretty countryside:

IMG_8591.jpg

IMG_8590.jpg

Entering hallowed ground:

IMG_8589.jpg

Blah, blah, blah:

IMG_8586a.jpg

Launching pad:

IMG_8559.jpg

Got stonewalled here:

IMG_8555.jpg

Streamside meal? Not unless I want to fill my waders from the inside:

IMG_8577.jpg

Weather was supposed to be cloudy and in the 40's; I got sunshine, wind and low 30's; fish didn't seem to mind.

IMG_8582.jpg

IMG_8547.jpg

IMG_8566.jpg

IMG_8571.jpg

IMG_8561.jpg

3 hours fishing, ended up with 4 in the boat and a couple refusals. Nothing spectacular but 1st fish of the year (softhackles rule!):

IMG_8544.jpg

The child was happy to see me (actually he was happy I brought his climbing shoes and leftover meatloaf and baked beans). Don't ask about the sweatshirt; I don't get the cat thing at all:

IMG_8595.jpg
They say the times are changing but I just don't know

Replies

• FlykuniFlykuni Senior Member Posts: 799 Senior Member
    Great report, till last shot.
  • nimrodnimrod Senior Member Posts: 756 Senior Member
    Thanks, I really liked that. Reminds me of home but for some reason our season is closed. Six weeks...
  • JasonJason Member Posts: 33 Member
    Cool photos Scott, it's been several years since I've fished that stream.

Greener days, waiting on the hatch.
    IMGP0863.jpg
  • JLTJLT Senior Member Posts: 484 Senior Member
    We're planning a trip out east this fall. Do you have any sites or links about fishing the Yellow Breeches?
  • ScottPScottP Senior Member Posts: 480 Senior Member
    Try here:

http://www.paflyfish.com/forums/

Yellow Breeches Outfitters changed ownership back in the fall; don't know if it's opened up, but if so you could contact them. I've only fished it a couple times and it was a zoo; much preferred Falling Springs, although since the Skelly Farm section was closed to the public it's lost a lot of it's appeal, too.

Don't know what your plans are, but if you've never been to Gettysburg, it'd be worth the time.
  • JLTJLT Senior Member Posts: 484 Senior Member
    Thanks for the lead. I really want to fish the Yellow Breeches because of family history with the watershed. We're probably going to be in the area around the 24th of September in celebration of our 35th wedding anniversary. Our 25th was celebrated in Manchester VT... **** I got a keeper here.... She even tolerates a week in May every year on the Ausable... but I gave her a Pearl necklace our first year there... Maybe she's thinking there is something else in her future...
  • ScottPScottP Senior Member Posts: 480 Senior Member
    JLT wrote: »
    **** I got a keeper here

Congrats on that (got one myself) and your anniversary. Should be beautiful up there in late September.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,202 Senior Member
    JLT wrote: »
    Thanks for the lead. I really want to fish the Yellow Breeches because of family history with the watershed. We're probably going to be in the area around the 24th of September in celebration of our 35th wedding anniversary. Our 25th was celebrated in Manchester VT... **** I got a keeper here.... She even tolerates a week in May every year on the Ausable... but I gave her a Pearl necklace our first year there... Maybe she's thinking there is something else in her future...

The Allenberry stretch has the best fishing, but there also is some good fishing out of the special regulations area, both up and downstream, and by September the bait guys have mostly stopped fishing.

I have sent you a couple of not-for-publication suggestions via IM.

BTW - YB Outfitters is restocking under new ownership and should do well. It is the last remaining fly shop in the area.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.