Home The Lodge

Tebow!

13»

Replies

• Mr. RightMr. Right Senior Member Posts: 535 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    Fixed it for you, Right.

Creek, I plead guilty as charged. My posts here are proof that I visit at least one lame brained, whiny paranoid site.

You, however, may be able to plead innocence in that you don't recognize that this site is lame brained, whiny and paranoid. "They all thought jest like me, your honor, how wuz I to know they wuz that way?"
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    Marketing of Tebow via Jesus is becoming rather silly. It's a sporting event!
    Mr Right, not to derail a thread but I have a question for you.

They won't allow Occupy protesters to sleep in the sidewalks but it is OK for the Black Friday crowd.

If you want to know why dome things are OK and others are not, just go back through history and see who stripped those rights from us.

Caution you might be surprised what you find.

Back on topic. Tebow rocks
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    i just like that everyone keeps saying 'he can't' and then 'he has'. I liked Peyton Manning, but everyone knew he could be an NFL quarterback. Tebow has already done more than anyone said he would. it's fun to watch guys who everyone says can't do something have success. he's the little engine that could.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
    Sorry duplicate post.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,363 Senior Member
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    For those of you who don't visit conservative sites, there is an interesting post making the rounds. There is a picture of Muslims totally choking off a street in France as they all bow towards Mecca and a picture of Tebow bending on his knee to God. The captions read why is this OK, while this one is not?

Back to off topic: Mr. Right, can you point to one instance in this country where Tebowing has been judged not OK? And don't bring up the lame complaint about students being sent home because they blocked the hallway to Tebow after they were told not to block the hallway. Even Tebow told them to obey the rules. Truth is you can't give an example; Which is why I used the words I did.
    can you point to one instance in this country where Tebowing has been judged not OK?

Yom Kippur services at Temple Beth Israel.

You honestly must have something more important to say.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    For those of you who don't visit conservative sites, there is an interesting post making the rounds. There is a picture of Muslims totally choking off a street in France as they all bow towards Mecca and a picture of Tebow bending on his knee to God. The captions read why is this OK, while this one is not?

This is not interesting.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,545 Senior Member
    Bak4Mor wrote: »
    i just like that everyone keeps saying 'he can't' and then 'he has'. I liked Peyton Manning, but everyone knew he could be an NFL quarterback. Tebow has already done more than anyone said he would. it's fun to watch guys who everyone says can't do something have success. he's the little engine that could.

Didn't he win the Heisman trophy?

I think what matters most is how much he is able to improve and how well he can work with his offensive coordinator. Remember that once upon a time they were saying that Elway was too undisciplined and erratic to ever win a Super Bowl.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Didn't he win the Heisman trophy?
    Tebow is a great athlete, but even while he was winning the Heisman and leading the Gators to two championships, most talking heads didn't think he had the skill set to be an NFL quarterback and that his passing numbers were highly inflated due to the quality of his wide receivers (nobody said Tebow couldn't play catch).

Most experts projected Tebow to be converted to a tight-end a la Eric Crouch of Nebraska (who, due to injuries sustained as a running QB in college, never played a down in the NFL).
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,363 Senior Member
    Steven, he quoted a mailing that suggested that Tebowing wasn't OK in public. That's baloney! It's the typical right wing argument that their rights as Christians have been infringed in some way by liberal government. What's more important than challenging obviously wrong claims about religious freedom.

But, in your honor, i will go to Temple sometime soon, (if I can find it) .and Tebow in the aisle. I predict I will not be evicted. If I do on Saturday before the Bronco game, i will probably have others doing it with me.
    Steven, he quoted a mailing that suggested that Tebowing wasn't OK in public. That's baloney! It's the typical right wing argument that their rights as Christians have been infringed in some way by liberal government. What's more important than challenging obviously wrong claims about religious freedom.

But, in your honor, i will go to Temple sometime soon, (if I can find it) .and Tebow in the aisle. I predict I will not be evicted. If I do on Saturday before the Bronco game, i will probably have others doing it with me.

I know, it's inane and somebody already pounded him for it.

Saturday maybe, but not Yom Kippur. Remember to wear a yarmulke.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,545 Senior Member
    Actually if you do it in a Catholic church it will be assumed you are genuflecting.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    We had a great time in DEN even though the game did not turn out the way I had hoped. Once again the Bronco's fans were pretty gracious. Some good natured ribbing is all that I encountered. Then again, the Denver fans were **** near outnumbered!
    I am very disappointed the Steelers lost but with the injuries they weren't going to the SB anyway.
    Jim, Texas de Brazil rocks... Go there!
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Ya know who else hates Tebow?
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Tebowie!!!
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
    Last time I knelled like Tebow I was ridding myself of a six pack of beer and a pizza. I feel about the same now with all the stupid hype.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,955 Senior Member
    Hey has anyone seen Buford? The Steelers getting beat by the Tebows....I am worried about him.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement