Rupert Murdoch shuts down one of his rags.

The decision comes as news emerges that police could be preparing to arrest several of the paper’s journalists and executives within days, as new evidence has emerged suggesting the phone accounts of soldiers who died in combat were among those broken into.

Five journalists and executives of the media mogul’s News of the World have been hauled in for questioning by police, reported the Times of London – a paper owned by Murdoch’s News Corporation – under a headline suggesting that “arrests loom.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/58475.html#ixzz1RRXVXaLC

Replies

• yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    This story is disgusting. Murdoch and his maniac media minions should be jailed for what they did to those people. Particularly the tapping and erasing messages from the kidnapped girls phone.
    I hope this snowballs into all of his advertisers pulling out and people stop buying his trash fish wrapper.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    more of that leftwing liburrrl lamestream media causin' trouble by not pretending it didn't happen
    greenman wrote: »
    The decision comes as news emerges that police could be preparing to arrest several of the paper’s journalists and executives within days, as new evidence has emerged suggesting the phone accounts of soldiers who died in combat were among those broken into.

Five journalists and executives of the media mogul’s News of the World have been hauled in for questioning by police, reported the Times of London – a paper owned by Murdoch’s News Corporation – under a headline suggesting that “arrests loom.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/58475.html#ixzz1RRXVXaLC
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,705 Senior Member
    As much as I despise Rupert, I think this is more an example of the shoddy state of journalism in general and in Great Britain in particular.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Hmmn, I wonder if Fox News may have also..............?
    AND.....
    "Now that the News of the World is closing, Reuters reports the paper may be able to destroy records relevant to pending litigation against the paper. British solicitor Mark Stephens is quoted by Reuters as saying all of the news organization's assets could be destroyed by a liquidator, according to British law. He adds it may be "a stroke of genius—perhaps evil genius.
    That's bad news for the celebrities who believe the World hacked into their telephone accounts. It means they might not ever know what the tabloid knew about them, and how they found out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.