Happy 5/6 of a New Year

Mr. RightMr. Right Senior MemberPosts: 535 Senior Member
I know most of you will not be happy after November. But I sincerely wish you a happy 2012 up until then.

Replies

• I hope you're not driving while you're drinking.
  • TimDTimD Senior Member Posts: 906 Senior Member
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    I know most of you will not be happy after November. But I sincerely wish you a happy 2012 up until then.

You must be talking about that Mayan calendar thing.

Tim
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    TimD wrote: »
    You must be talking about that Mayan calendar thing.

Tim

As usual, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Just who, pray tell, will make us unhappy in November? A specific Republican name will do.
  • nimrodnimrod Senior Member Posts: 756 Senior Member
    Ya gotta commend his attempt at courage during these difficult times for republicans...his humor not so much. But, I hope Mr Right is enjoying this primary season as much as we are...
    Yea, these big, fat softballs are just too easy to hit. Where's the heat?
  • nimrod wrote: »
    Ya gotta commend his attempt at courage during these difficult times for republicans...his humor not so much. But, I hope Mr Right is enjoying this primary season as much as we are...

Mr. Right is out to give Arlen Specter a run for his money on the GOP stand up comedy road tour.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    The catch, Mr. Right, is that you guys are about to nominate Romney, so even if you win, it's not like you're going to get much of a difference.

bd
    Brian D. wrote: »
    The catch, Mr. Right, is that you guys are about to nominate Romney, so even if you win, it's not like you're going to get much of a difference.

bd

Word.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,780 Senior Member
    I hate Google. I was going to say Romney, if elected, would be Obama Lite, but google tells me another Texan already said it. [/bangs head on wall]
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Mr. RightMr. Right Senior Member Posts: 535 Senior Member
    Glad to see some of you are already adjusting to Obama being a one-termer. He's going to prove to be a long term disaster for your party.

As for the prospect of Romney as prez, all I can ask is please don't throw me in the briar patch. I generally don't like it when both houses of Congress are controlled by either party, but having a moderate Republican president should soften that.

But, again, good luck with 2012 in all other regards.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    Glad to see some of you are already adjusting to Obama being a one-termer.

Heh. I think it's going to be a lot tougher than you think, even with an economy that ought to have any incumbent Prez losing by a massive landslide. Mittens can't even break 25 percent in his own party primary polling. The only reasons he is leading, even against the other bunch of clowns your party has assembled, is because he has too many opponents, the field is fragmented, and none of his opponents has the money to run a determined negative campaign against him (Obama will). Romney isn't exactly gifted at winning converts over to his side.

bd
  • TimDTimD Senior Member Posts: 906 Senior Member
    Glad to see some of you are already adjusting to Obama being a one-termer. He's going to prove to be a long term disaster for your party.

As for the prospect of Romney as prez, all I can ask is please don't throw me in the briar patch. I generally don't like it when both houses of Congress are controlled by either party, but having a moderate Republican president should soften that.

But, again, good luck with 2012 in all other regards.

Mr. Right,

You are speaking from the voice of experience, the conservative movement has been a long-term disaster for the US over the past three decades. De-industrializing your country, cutting taxes for people that can afford to pay them, bailing out corporations and hollowing out your infrastructure. Here is the largest democracy in the world sitting with high unemployment, falling real estate prices and a massive deficit; where the only suggestions that the GOP can come up with is cutting taxes for the wealthy, increasing the qualification age for social security and medicare - and this true winner: laying off school janitors and making kids clean up schools.

Obama being president for one term or two is pretty immaterial in the long-run. Tell us what the GOP has to offer that will improve the lives of Americans if they are elected?

Tim
  • Brian D. wrote: »
    Romney isn't exactly gifted at winning converts over to his side.

bd

Man he must have made a $hitty missionary then. ;)
    In an interview, Romney said he never made a convert...I can just see him stuttering in french at the door of the french middle class. Jejejeje....sususuis...A...a...merican. How did he not know he wouldn't convert anyone?
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    nimrod wrote: »
    In an interview, Romney said he never made a convert...I can just see him stuttering in french at the door of the french middle class. Jejejeje....sususuis...A...a...merican. How did he not know he wouldn't convert anyone?

He has the charisma of a wet Nutria.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
    ...typical republican. Always selling something...wanna buy some insurance...how about amway? Have you seen the new jesus...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.