hey Sherb

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 21,862 Senior Member
Is this where your handle comes from?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sherb
'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Replies

• I was thinking more number three than number two.

To smoke the herb...marijuana. But the word should only be used to indicate that you plan on smoking when you are within hearing distance of an anti-smoker. The idea is to keep your pot smoking identity secret by using sneaky terms.
    (you're talking on the phone with a friend and you're mom is in the kitchen nearby)
    You: Hey wats up bro...got any plans for today?
    Friend: Actually, I'm bored out of my skull...what could we do to kill some time?
    You: Well, we could sherb.
  • Is this where your handle comes from?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sherb

No. . .but I'll take it.
  • Didn't know you had your own show.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    I gotz a question. Who asked you? You English padidle.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • Sorry I got da wrong Sherb. Try this.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Whoda guessed Sherb is controlled by the purple monkey.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • a very strange thread.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    I have this mental image of Sherb sitting at home late into the night, making vanity pages for himself on Urban Dictionary in a vain attempt to improve his self image. It's very sad.

Or perhaps better yet, an image of Pio making the page in the wee hours of the night, in order to surreptitiously fulfill his sherbariffic man crush. In my vision, Pio sits in darkness, illuminated only by the glare of his computer monitor and the flickering light of dozens of candles worshipfully lit to glorify the Sherb Shrine that surrounds his work space.

These visions have a great feel of truth to them.

bd
  • Truth be told, I'm a morning person.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    I notice you don't express any doubts about the Sherb Shrine.

bd
  • As you said, it had a ring of truth to it.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,689 Senior Member
    So sherb, you gonna tell us what the name really means?
  • Buffco wrote: »
    So sherb, you gonna tell us what the name really means?

I always assumed you had given him the name as part of your man crush. I figured it was short for sherbet.
  • it is in fact short for sherbet.
  • What flavor?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,862 Senior Member
    I would guess strawberry mango.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,724 Senior Member
    Schweddy balls flavored
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,727 Senior Member
    I find the second video disturbing. The thought of some guy's hand up Sherb's......er.....puppet hole.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • FishTX wrote: »
    I find the second video disturbing. The thought of some guy's hand up Sherb's......er.....puppet hole.

Maybe he was looking for some frozen treats?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file