Home The Lodge

Hey comic

BuffcoBuffco Senior MemberPosts: 10,585 Senior Member
When are we going to see your Comedy Central special? Maybe HBO?

Do you have any of your sets taped/filmed? (I need some new material)

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Mr. Mencia, stop stealing.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,585 Senior Member
    Haha, I figured Mencia's name would make it into the conversation at some point.

I Googled "joke theft" and "comedians ripping off jokes". It seems there are a lot of comics who have grudges against other comics for some alleged theft. Louis CK harbors a little hard feelings towards Dane Cook. (But seriously, who doesn't?)
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,558 Senior Member
    I think I am doing a show at the Improv in February, if I get a good tape I will post it on facebook. Oh that's right you don't like me there anymore. :D

I just have to ask what did I ever do to you and Ouzelpro?

Unfortunately the only places I can perform right now and feel safe I can get home on time are local drink and stab establishments. So HBO could be a while.

Theft is an issue. But most times it is just two guys coming up with the same idea at the same time. I think though that since Louis' material is so personal to him, that if someone were doing one of his bits, it would probably have been stolen.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,296 Senior Member
    I'll be your friend, comic...
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    I'd be your friend too, but I'm not on facebook.

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    I think I am doing a show at the Improv in February, if I get a good tape I will post it on facebook. Oh that's right you don't like me there anymore. :D

Sorry. Had a scare awhile back and unfriended all but family. I'll friend you again.
    What's the longest set you've ever done? Are you self-deprecating? Observational? Who of the big comics would you say you are closest to in style?

I'd totally come to your show, but I'd sneak in. I wouldn't pay ticket price. That's how I roll.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,369 Senior Member
    OK, so what material have you got off the Lodge? I can hear it now "there's this guy that goes by (insert lodge handle), and......"

BTW, If by chance you have stolen any of my thigh slappers, that's OK. Merry Christmas.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    Two Republicans walk into an orphanage.....................................................................and foreclose on it. Bada Bing, rim shot Thank you , Thank you I'm here all night.
    Buffco wrote: »
    Sorry. Had a scare awhile back and unfriended all but family. I'll friend you again.

I figured it was something like that.

I currently have about 45 min to an hour of A material. I am generally on the road the feature act, I go just before the headliner, but I have headlined at smaller clubs.

Right now there is quite a bit of everything. I talk about myself, my childhood, troubles with women, pretty typical stuff and I do some observational and political stuff. When I talk about politics I discuss issues not personalities or parties.

My take on gun control for example is that people that have a problem with guns have not experienced the shear joy and exhilaration of shooting someone. I shot my little brother, I didn't kill him, but I tell if you shoot someone they will stop calling you Chrissie Pissie Poo.

As far as style goes. I really just try to be myself. Someone compared me to Lewis Black once. But I don't think so.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I actually had a board member come to my show once. But to save my life I cannot think of his handle right now. He was from the Boston area and was nice enough to invite me fishing. He brought his wife too, they were both really nice people.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 3,119 Senior Member
    I figured it was something like that.

I shot my little brother, I didn't kill him, but I tell if you shoot someone they will stop calling you Chrissie Pissie Poo.

That's kinda rough justice.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    Actually there is a whole story. Suffice it to say it was a total accident.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 3,119 Senior Member
    I'm guessing a BB gun.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    Pellet gun.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,369 Senior Member
    Now why didn't i think of that! it would have saved me some grief.
  • TrootfisherTrootfisher Senior Member Posts: 901 Senior Member
    Did you hear about the butter shortage in Norway?

So they are traveling to Sweden to buy it but are afraid of it getting confiscated on the pat down for the return trip.

I said PAT down.

(mic feedback; holds hand up to block spotlight)

What, no one got that? Should I . . . CLARIFY it for you?
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    My take on gun control for example is that people that have a problem with guns have not experienced the shear joy and exhilaration of shooting someone. I shot my little brother, I didn't kill him, but I tell if you shoot someone they will stop calling you Chrissie Pissie Poo.

HEY BUDDY, I ALREADY HEARD THAT JOKE FROM YOUR MOM!!!

(seeing how you deal with hecklers)

bd
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member

Unfortunately the only places I can perform right now and feel safe I can get home on time are local drink and stab establishments. So HBO could be a while.

Theft is an issue. But most times it is just two guys coming up with the same idea at the same time. I think though that since Louis' material is so personal to him, that if someone were doing one of his bits, it would probably have been stolen.

Jeez, I dropped you during your No Content phase. I also dropped a bunch of TU folk who never posted. I'm sorry that you took it personally. Are you posting on FB more often now? I'll request you be my friend so you can give me the cold refusal, how's that?
    It doesn't bother me actually. In fact it took me a while to figure out you dropped me. A lot of people I know went through and removed people that didn't post much or they didn't really know personally. I understand that actually. Sometimes I get tempted to reduce it down to family and people I have actually met.

The only person who dropped me that I take personally is Iwan because I thought we were friends. We fished together often and even had dinners and spent holidays together. I think that if you are a human being and you decide that someone so offended you that you no longer want to speak to them, you owe them at least a chance to make it up to you. That was a truly douchie move on his part and shows he was never much of a friend to begin with.
    Brian D. wrote: »
    HEY BUDDY, I ALREADY HEARD THAT JOKE FROM YOUR MOM!!!

(seeing how you deal with hecklers)

bd

I generally ignore them. I find spending too much time with them ruins the show for the rest of the audience.

Besides I cannot say bad things about your mom, I mean once she removed her teeth that was the best time I ever had.
    Did you hear about the butter shortage in Norway?

So they are traveling to Sweden to buy it but are afraid of it getting confiscated on the pat down for the return trip.

I said PAT down.

(mic feedback; holds hand up to block spotlight)

What, no one got that? Should I . . . CLARIFY it for you?

I like puns.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    I like toasted puns with lots of butter.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement