Home The Lodge

What a Bunch of Crap

WetdogWetdog Senior MemberPosts: 5,955 Senior Member
Gov Scott Walker tells us in his reach out e-mails that people have been sending him gift cards valued at what they have saved on property taxes this year. No one told me that property taxes went down. In fact our taxes went up $200.

Property taxes in fact did go down in the State of Wisconsin this year, $47 million Statewide. That amounts to $8.25 per person. The schools have to do with less, is $8.25/person worth that? Wonder what Scott is going to do with that $8.25? Probably give a bigger tax break to corps. They are hurting. 2/3s of the businesses in Wisconsin pay no State taxes. So why are we still the State losing more jobs than anyone else. They don't like dairy products or something?

My guess is that $47 million was saved by businesses. So where are the jobs that are supposed to be created from this?
I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    Scooter needs to polish the **** before he feeds it to the minions.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Take the $8.25 and mail him back the ****.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,955 Senior Member
    yatahey wrote: »
    Take the $8.25 and mail him back the ****.

Like I said, we didn't see any decrease but rather an increase. I expect that most are in the same boat. I hope when he gives his next address he mentions that he has brought down State property taxes. Everyone is going to say HUH?
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    He is simply a product of ALEC. They managed to install several of their little puppets in several States in the last election. I believe they have over reached a mile with Walker, Scott, Kacich, and Daniels. The backlash will be swift and unforgiving. In the end it may prove to show the electorate that organizations like ALEC are out to own outright the entire political system.
    Imagine no unions, no minimum wage, no EPA, no regulations at all. The wealth will flow unabated till the top 1% are scratching each others eyes out for the best position to take in the flow of cash. Like bears at Russian River Falls, on the Kenai.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,442 Senior Member
    don't forget our resident ALEC idiot, govnuh Lepage
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,226 Senior Member
    My property tax went down $200 this year. Thanks Dog for picking up my part. ;-) Some friends and Co workers also told me their taxes went down. Not all, but some.

I could be wrong, but I believe the majority of property tax in a given location is assessed at the local level (vs. the state level) based on other taxable property in the nearby village, city or town. It also can be affected by improvements in your district...new roads, repaving roads, curb, gutter, sidewalk etc.

In all honesty my tax bill has only varied plus or minus $150 - $200 from my first property tax bill 11 years ago.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,955 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »
    My property tax went down $200 this year. Thanks Dog for picking up my part. ;-) Some friends and Co workers also told me their taxes went down. Not all, but some.

I could be wrong, but I believe the majority of property tax in a given location is assessed at the local level (vs. the state level) based on other taxable property in the nearby village, city or town. It also can be affected by improvements in your district...new roads, repaving roads, curb, gutter, sidewalk etc.

In all honesty my tax bill has only varied plus or minus $150 - $200 from my first property tax bill 11 years ago.

I wonder if that's because of all your storm damage. Don't forget schools, they are a huge part of it. They can only get so much and that's less than they had before due to cuts in State aid. Is eight twenty five/person worth it?

No improvements in the township over the last year. It's directly (I think) a result of the school district. Maybe the schools by you are cheaper to run now after getting rid of more lazy overpaid teachers and having cleaned it out of illegal immigrant children.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    Ours went down $16 - big whoop. Our school district just approved the purchase of the abandoned dog racing facility for 8.5 million. (that's a lot for a town of 12,000) Next years property taxes should be truly pleasing... Although it has to pass a referendum.

I won't know since I'm moving west.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    I'm gonna use my $8.50 to buy a fake DL and vote! Viva Cheesleland!
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Si. Viva Quesolandia.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    Obviously a different state, but ours went up too. Somehow our property assessed value went up...****, yeah the foreclosures in the neighborhood really made out property more valuable.

Anyway we were able to file an appeal on our assessed value, doesn’t do $hit for now, but might help next year.
    jbilly wrote: »
    Obviously a different state, but ours went up too. Somehow our property assessed value went up...****, yeah the foreclosures in the neighborhood really made out property more valuable.

Yeah, I wish my house was worth as much as the tax assessors think! Bastages. I don't mind paying my fair share in taxes, but believe me, I know how much my house is worth as two neighbors have sold in the past couple of months and they got about $30K less than my assessed value.
    Ouzel, Quesolandia rocks!!! :cool:
  • nimrodnimrod Senior Member Posts: 756 Senior Member
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    Yeah, we did a refi a couple years ago, and shortly thereafter the county property assessor appraised our home at roughly $250,000.00 higher than what the appraisal from the refi said. What a bunch dillholes. We appealed and they reduced it, but it's still probably about $50k too high.

bd
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »
    Property taxes in fact did go down in the State of Wisconsin this year, $47 million Statewide. That amounts to $8.25 per person. The schools have to do with less, is $8.25/person worth that? Wonder what Scott is going to do with that $8.25? Probably give a bigger tax break to corps.

By the way, am I the only one who encountered brain-hurting lapses of logic in this paragraph?

bd
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,663 Senior Member
    Brian D. wrote: »
    Yeah, we did a refi a couple years ago, and shortly thereafter the county property assessor appraised our home at roughly $250,000.00 higher than what the appraisal from the refi said. What a bunch dillholes. We appealed and they reduced it, but it's still probably about $50k too high.

bd

This year our homeowners insurance policy's insured value doubled. The insurance company said that the original appraiser had failed to note that 3/4 of the house (the two older sections) have stone foundations and solid log exterior and interior walls beneath the siding and interior plaster, that the old barn is solid post and beam construction with stone foundations and that the "garden shed" he noted was actually a stone spring house. The new appraiser did note these things, and the insurance policy covers replacement with "like materials".

Surprisingly, the premium went up only 4 or 5%.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement