Obama pardons ONE turkey, then slaughters hundreds of thousands of horses

2»

Replies

• Brian D. wrote: »
    Have you ever seen two gay turkeys doing it? It's all beards rubbing together and "gobble gobble" all over the place... I mean, I'm open minded andd liberal and all, but that's just gross.

bd

All them giblets rubbing together.
  • Buffco wrote: »
    The article is vague. Are federal monies going to be spent on this or not?

And when will McDonalds have a Palomino Burger?

mr_ed3.gif

Watch it Ginger boy.
  • Hey all dem horses be illegals. Daze was brung here by dem early Messicans the Spainards.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Buffy, these slaughterhouses were specifically set up to process horses and some were only set up after the US banned the slaughter of horses. The meat is shipped to Asia and Europe. They have been cited numerous times for inhumane treatment of animals.

Mike
    Ahh, you were referring only to horse slaughterhouses?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Absolutely, me likes me meat.

Mike
    Buffco wrote: »
    Ahh, you were referring only to horse slaughterhouses?
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,171 Senior Member
    DWT wrote: »
    Did they mention that if they allow slaughtering horses that it would cost taxpayers millions of dollars to hire federal inspectors?
    It's a work program. People are starving. Give them and job and they are able to affored eating...horses.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • BrianD's mom has killed a few horses.
    Basashi burgers? I usually think of burgers having cooked meat instead of raw meat. Do you serve basashi burgers with soy and ginger (not Buffco)?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,480 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Basashi burgers? I usually think of burgers having cooked meat instead of raw meat. Do you serve basashi burgers with soy and ginger (not Buffco)?

In WI there is a local treat called wildcat. Usually served at wedding receptions after many beverages have been consumed. Raw hamburger mixed with onions, garlic and other spices. Usually spread on a cracker or bun.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,925 Senior Member
    Is the treat really meat or is wildcat another name for cougar?

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Is the treat....cougar?
    This just begs for a reply from monkey.

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Raw hambuger-- nothing like a little E.coli to end the evening.

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Is the treat really meat or is wildcat another name for cougar?

Living in WI and assuming you have done photo shoots at weddings before...I assume you have heard of this?

I've been to numerous weddings across this state and it's been served at most I have been at.

Just a quick google search...check out post 17 and 24...

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/nearly-raw-hamburger-47918-2.html
  • I hear wildcat eatin is considered foreplay in Wisconsin.
    ricinus wrote: »
    Raw hambuger-- nothing like a little E.coli to end the evening.

Mike

It's one of the reasons I never touched the stuff. Funny thing is, I don't know anyone who has got sick from it.
  • DWTDWT Senior Member Posts: 270 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Some of you need to check your sarcasm meter.

And I think you may be wrong about the "millions" it will cost. From what I read, no federal funds will be spent to conduct the slaughter of horses.

For those who are absolutely stone-faced serious, I couldn't give two craps about slaughtering horses. They're gonna get shot and buried anyway, or be shipped under cruel conditions to Mexico, so why not butcher them? (What are we doing with the meat anyway, selling it to France?)

Lighten up, Francois.

Check your sources again. Here in the US, if horses are slaughtered and the meat is sold interstate or internationally then the plant is required to have USDA inspection of the facility. Of course, this is paid for by tax dollars. There is no market for horse meat here in the states but some people don't believe that they should be slaughtered here either. I personally have worked on many horses who were headed overseas to feed their less-objecting people.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.