Home The Lodge

Just like his favorite SC Justice Clarence Thomas

yataheyyatahey Senior MemberPosts: 5,605 Senior Member
Herb has allegedly been accused of sexually harassing former employees. And just like Thomas he denies it. Nein, nein, nein.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/10/women-accused-herman-cain-of-workplace-sexual-harrassment-in-90s/247584/
"When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson

Replies

• Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    Ironically, this has a shot of rallying conservatives to his side. "Don't let the liberal media take you down, Herman!!!"

Cain is actually a much, MUCH more genuine conservative than Romney, and he would have the benefit of much greater tea party enthusiasm in the general election. However, he is a lousy fundraiser, his campaign shows no aptitude for organizing and "ground game," and he makes more unforced errors than Romney. I wish Perry and Bachmann would drop out so the "please god anybody but Romney" vote could coalesce around Cain more solidly.

bd
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I think Bak4mor has a diet coke can.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Are you saying that 'New Coke' was really just the orignal Coke with added pubic hair flavor?
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Are you saying that 'New Coke' was really just the orignal Coke with added pubic hair flavor?

Carmel color added for esthetic value only.
  • see?

I thought that was a pubic hair on my pizza!
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,518 Senior Member
    Brian D. wrote: »
    Ironically, this has a shot of rallying conservatives to his side. "Don't let the liberal media take you down, Herman!!!"

Cain is actually a much, MUCH more genuine conservative than Romney, and he would have the benefit of much greater tea party enthusiasm in the general election. However, he is a lousy fundraiser, his campaign shows no aptitude for organizing and "ground game," and he makes more unforced errors than Romney. I wish Perry and Bachmann would drop out so the "please god anybody but Romney" vote could coalesce around Cain more solidly.

bd

How about a Cain-Weiner ticket? Would it create an upswelling of bipartisanship? Could they rise to the occasion? Would they be thrust to the very top?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,402 Senior Member
    yatahey wrote: »
    Herb has allegedly been accused of sexually harassing former employees. And just like Thomas he denies it.
    I noticed you used allegedly in your sentence then pointed out that Cain denied it. If he is guilty, then it is wrong to deny it, however, the use of allegedly means he hasn't been proven guilty. He might be innocent and then he obviously would deny it. Lets wait till he's proven guilty, or there is enough evidence that he would be found guilty before jumping on him for denying it.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    FishTX wrote: »
    I noticed you used allegedly in your sentence then pointed out that Cain denied it. If he is guilty, then it is wrong to deny it, however, the use of allegedly means he hasn't been proven guilty. He might be innocent and then he obviously would deny it. Lets wait till he's proven guilty, or there is enough evidence that he would be found guilty before jumping on him for denying it.

Read the link. Sounds like a payoff to me.

Two women working at the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s while Herman Cain was at the helm, left their jobs at the trade group after complaining of "sexually suggestive behavior" by the Republican presidential candidate, Politico reports.

Multiple sources told Politico that the women received financial payments from the association and signed agreements not to discuss their departures.
  • one thing is as I understand it these are not new allegations that just surfaced from 'memory' of 15 or 20 years and apparently the individuals involved did report this to their superiors at the time it occurred ... least that's what was reported earlier this morning

FishTX is right about guilt but the idea that this is just liburrl media ginning something up ... well at least according to current info it wasn't just 'remembered' suddenly as Cain began running for president
  • I've decided, I must vote for him. Guys named Herman kick a$$.
    221px-Herman2.jpg
  • where there's pubic hair there's .....
    In my book, payment of hush money is as good as a conviction. Git-a-rope.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,518 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    ...pointed out that Cain denied it.

What I read in various places is that he or his staff have attacked the breaking of the story but have not denied the allegations.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • George K wrote: »
    What I read in various places is that he or his staff have attacked the breaking of the story but have not denied the allegations.

Karl Rove playbook Chapter 4 page 34 paragraph 6
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,402 Senior Member
    Yes it does sound bad. If he or his staff don't deny it outright, it doesn't sound good. The multiple sources remark in the article makes for a strong allegation, but it still needs to be proved. We would want no less for ourselves. I'm not defending him, just reminding ourselves that for the system to work, it needs to be applied to everybody.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement