Home The Lodge

How’s that Russian Collusion investigation going?

123457»

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,225 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    A closed mind is a detriment to improvement in the human condition. Sadly, this seems to be the prevailing state of mind. Human nature has always adapted to changing conditions in the physical environment and will readily adapt to the end of the money system.
    Lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,227 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Why would you watch cable "news" for anything? I like CNN's election night coverage but that is it.

Oh I don’t watch CNN. I don’t even have cable TV. I just read about all their retracted stories in the news weekly now.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Which part of it is beyond belief? That the two FBI agents were using coded messages in their tryst or that the R's an find a boogeyman behind every single corner?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    Oh I don’t watch CNN. I don’t even have cable TV. I just read about all their retracted stories in the news weekly now.

Except if you watched you would know that they have not been retracting stories weekly. Apparently you are reading fake news.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,076 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Which part of it is beyond belief? That the two FBI agents were using coded messages in their tryst or that the R's an find a boogeyman behind every single corner?

The former. Blows my mind that two senior FBI personnel working on an politically charged investigation where one misstep, however minor, potentially undermines the legitimacy of the investigation used their gub'mint phones, and thus left an electronic trail, to hide their affair from wifey. ****?
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,659 Senior Member
    The former. Blows my mind that two senior FBI personnel working on an politically charged investigation where one misstep, however minor, potentially undermines the legitimacy of the investigation used their gub'mint phones, and thus left an electronic trail, to hide their affair from wifey. ****?

I don't know whether or not this is the case here, but good old lust causes people to do incredibly stupid things. It happens all the time.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.

What is being left out is they also made disparaging remarks about Clinton and Sanders. Again I ask does anyone doubt that there were Clinton haters on the email investigation? It is not about what they believe, it is about what they can prove.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 3,119 Senior Member
    It is not about what they believe, it is about what they can prove.

Hows that working out?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    Ask Michael Flynn.
    edited August 2020 #192

Ask Sally Yates.
    Former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates told the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday that when the FBI interviewed then-incoming national security adviser Michael Flynn in January 2017, it was done without her authorization.

Yates said she was angry that FBI Director Comey had "acted unilaterally" and agreed with Chairman Lindsey Graham's assertion that Comey had gone "rogue."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/08/05/yates_comey_went_rogue_with_flynn_interview.html

Did Comey act alone? I doubt it.
    They're getting closer to Uncle Joe. Oct Surprise could be in store.

@fishingcomic said:
    (Quote)

Starr was a partisan hack from the get go. He destroyed countless lives with threats and baseless allegations for 7 years, spent 40 million dollars and came up with nothing.

This is hard to dispute. The Clintons have been investigated from here to yonder and back and nothing, nothing criminal is the result. Sometimes where there's smoke there's just smoke.

That is not to say they are not sleazy, with an unseemly lust for money, but unfortunately that is not illegal.

Trump on the other hand has committed numerous counts of obstruction of justice. A careful reading of the redacted Mueller report shows that. He would have been indicted except that Mueller was working under rules that prohibited indicting a sitting President. He also is, prima facie, guilty as charged in his impeachment, but was found not guilty for political reasons.

Then again, the Manhattan DA in subpoenaing his tax and bank records going back a decade has said that the grand jury is in investigating multiple crimes going back at least ten years by the Trump organization and Trump personally.

The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.

@George K said:

The Clintons have been investigated from here to yonder and back and nothing, nothing criminal is the result. >Sometimes where there's smoke there's just smoke.

That's what happens when you have friends and associates in high places andyou are part of a crime family.

Thank you for the right-down-the-middle slow pitch softball. :)

Indeed, the Trump family, from Papa Fred to Donny and siblings, to Junior, Ivanka, Fredo and Jared are the very definition of an organized crime family. Jared's father did serve time, put away by Chris Christie, which is why the Governor has never been able to get an appointment in the Trump administration. Look up the history of lawsuits and criminal charges - it ain't pretty.

This election can be summed up with a poker quote.

Look around the table. If you can’t see the sucker, you’re it.

@George K said:

Indeed, the Trump family, from Papa Fred to Donny and siblings, to Junior, Ivanka, Fredo and Jared are the very definition of an organized crime family. Jared's father did serve time, put away by Chris Christie, which is why the Governor has never been able to get an appointment in the Trump administration. Look up the history of lawsuits and criminal charges - it ain't pretty.

I don't disagree with you George. Cross the crime family and you end up like one of the Kennedy folks!

@NZ Indicator said:

@George K said:

I don't disagree with you George. Cross the crime family and you end up like one of the Kennedy folks!

Actually, Papa Joe was the the thug. Unless you count getting a leg over with every attractive female in sight, Jack and Bobby were not criminals. Ted's case is endlessly debatable, since he was the only eye witness who survived that fateful night. :p

@MikeA said:
    This election can be summed up with a poker quote.
    Look around the table. If you can’t see the sucker, you’re it.

Oh I can see the sucker.

edited September 2020 #200

Well,,,looks like we need another Russia investigation....

Hunter Biden Received a $3.5 Million Payment From Ex-Moscow Mayor's Wife,

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,084 Senior Member

Hunter is a sleaze, but no proof that Joe Biden had the prosecutor fired to prevent him from investigating Burisma.

Why is he getting 3.5 million dollar wire transfers from Moscow? No big deal right? Nothing fishy going on there. Couldn’t be, he’s a democrat

Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the wife of the former mayor of Moscow," the Republican report, which was the result of an investigation led by GOP Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, explained as one of its "key findings."

Baturina, a billionaire, was previously married to Yuri Luzhkov, who served as mayor of Moscow but was fired for alleged corruption in 2010. The report details how Biden's business received a $3.5 million payment from Baturina in February 2014, which was described to be for "consultancy" work. In 2015, Biden also received several payments of several hundred thousand dollars from Baturina, several of which were listed as part of a "loan agreement."

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,084 Senior Member

There's no proof that Joe even had knowledge of this is there?

It's not clear what it was even for from what's been reported so far. Could be legit. Hunter Biden's experience is clearly priceless, so it could be legit...

edited September 2020 #205

But wait there’s more!
    Lots of juicy info coming out of the Durham investigation this week. Hunter on the Russian payroll. Russia sourced the Steele doc. Twenty something phones wiped on the Muller team before the DOJ could get them. I’m surprised you guys and the MSM aren’t all over this.

Johnson seeks IG probe of wiped Mueller team phones
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/11/johnson-ig-wiped-mueller-team-phones-412757

Steele dossier sub-source was suspected of spying for Russia, DOJ reveals
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/24/steele-dossier-russia-doj-421536

Former FBI attorney pleads guilty in Durham probe
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/19/former-fbi-attorney-pleads-guilty-durham-398605

Newly disclosed internal FBI notes and text messages detail the extent of the FBI's desire to take down Trump and his associates at any cost.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/24/trump-was-right-explosive-new-fbi-texts-detail-internal-furor-over-handling-of-crossfire-hurricane-investigation/

“[T]he new AG might have some questions….then yada yada yada…we all get screwed,” one agent wrote.

[W]e all went and purchased professional liability insurance,” one agent texted on Jan. 10, 2017, the same day CNN leaked details that then-President-elect Trump had been briefed by Comey about the bogus Christopher Steele dossier.

“I’m tellying [sic] man, if this thing ever gets FOIA’d, there are going to be some tough questions asked,” one agent wrote. “[A]nd a great deal of those will be related to Brian having a scope way outside the boundaries of logic[.]”

“[REDACTED] is one of the worst offenders of the rabbit holes and conspiracy theories,” an agent texted. “This guy traveled with that guy, who put down 3rd guy as his visa sponsor. 3rd guy lives near a navy base, therefore…[.]”

edited October 2020 #206

Well the good news is that the Russians have been defeated and are no longer a threat worthy of media coverage. The bad news is that everyone has suddenly turned into racists and white supremacists. Better stock up on sheets everyone. I expect there won't be any on the shelves if CNN's reporting is accurate.

edited October 2020 #207

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/06/breaking-dni-declassifies-handwritten-notes-from-john-brennan-2016-cia-referral-on-clinton-campaigns-collusion-operation/

Newly declassified handwritten notes from former CIA Director John Brennan show that the U.S. intelligence community knew in 2016 that Russian intelligence was actively monitoring, and potentially injecting disinformation into, Clinton’s anti-Trump collusion narrative. The intelligence concerning Russia’s knowledge of Clinton’s campaign plans was so concerning to Brennan and other national security officials that they personally informed Obama of the matter in the Oval Office in the summer of 2016. The handwritten notes from Brennan were declassified by Director of National Intelligence (DNI) John Ratcliffe and provided to Congress on Tuesday afternoon.

According to the declassified notes, Brennan and the U.S. intelligence community knew months prior to the 2016 election that the collusion smear was the result of a campaign operation hatched by the campaign of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

• GreenMtBoy2GreenMtBoy2 Posts: 693 Senior Member

Washington Post: Barr's 'unmasking' investigation concludes without charges

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/13/politics/william-barr-unmasking-investigation/index.html

"Despite Trump's repeated efforts to cite unmasking as evidence of wrongdoing by Obama and his administration, the level of unmasking has increased under the Trump administration.

There were more than 10,000 unmaskings last year and nearly 17,000 in 2018, according to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence's Statistical Transparency reports. There were 9,529 in 2017, Trump's first year in office.

Under the Obama administration, there were about 9,217 unmaskings in 2016 and only 654 in 2015."

HA! Proof that Obama/Biden failed to carry out the duties of office. Or, er, something....

I don’t think unmasking is the stinky dog in the room at the moment. But carry on with the Alex Jones infowars for lefties news source.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement