Home The Lodge

Well, Chit.....

Magalloway2Magalloway2 Posts: 49 Member

STAY AT LEAST SIX FEET BACK FROM YOUR SCREENS! I'm sitting here with a massive 99.6 degree fever, shaking like a dog passing peach seeds, and can't decide what to do. Should I, as the CDC suggests, for those over 65 with health complications, flood an already-taxed emergency room or should I wait for Xapov (sorry, no diacrit available) and his boat? I suspect I've got a relapse of a recurring sinus infection, but if I go to the E-room, God only knows what I'll be exposed to.

Jim

Replies

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,956 Senior Member

Sorry man. Call before you ever go in is only suggestion I’d have.

Best wishes. Scary stuff

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,101 Senior Member
    edited March 2020 #3

I would call your Doctor ASAP. This is why they make the big bucks.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,508 Senior Member

Yeah, go to the doctor.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Magalloway2Magalloway2 Posts: 49 Member

My "doctor' is a Veterans' Administration clinic that closes at 4 PM. I'll call tomorrow, leave a message like hundreds of other people, and someone will get around to calling me just after Charon's boat leaves. Supposedly, if I'm sick after-hours, I'm to go to the E-room.

Jim

Then do that.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,467 Senior Member

Hang in there.

BTW, Charon I know, but I confess that Xapov I know not. Who he?

The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.

I’d imagine most emergency rooms are set up now to treat incoming as presumed positive.

But if not think of the exposure you could be giving others.

Id try calling hospital you know you are going to ahead of time to inquire about what to do Unless you truly are in a medical emergency then call 911

• Buffco2Buffco2 Posts: 812 Senior Member

Any other symptoms?

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member

@jbilly said:
    I’d imagine most emergency rooms are set up now to treat incoming as presumed positive.
    But if not think of the exposure you could be giving others.
    Id try calling hospital you know you are going to ahead of time to inquire about what to do Unless you truly are in a medical emergency then call 911

My sister in law is an ER nurse. They have an isolation protocol set up for those presenting symptoms. Go. They are expecting you.

@George K said:
    Hang in there.

Was trying to be ever so fauncy and emulate the classical Greek without going to the alternate character set. Like I say, it lacks a diacrit. The fever spiked at a little below 102 last night, my lungs are clear, so I'm betting on the sinus infection again.

Jim

Whoever thought they'd be saying yes please I'd love to have a sinus infection

It's probably more likely you have a sinus infection than the coronavirus. But don't take your lungs being clear as a sign. From all accounts, the lung congestion and swelling happens later in the illness. It starts as fever, sinus, and cough.

I don't know how old you are, but the older we get, the lower our fevers run. Your body just cannot heat up as well as it could when young. So a fever of 99.6 is not insignificant, much less 102.

Please at least call.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,467 Senior Member

@Magalloway2 said:

@George K said:
    Hang in there.

Was trying to be ever so fauncy and emulate the classical Greek without going to the alternate character set. Like I say, it lacks a diacrit. The fever spiked at a little below 102 last night, my lungs are clear, so I'm betting on the sinus infection again.

Jim

Good news. Sinus infection is a lot better than he alternative.

Get well soon.

I thought that might be it with "Xapov", but wasn't sure.

The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.

I'd get it checked anyway.

Okay, I called, spent 40 minutes listening to some crone repeat 'Your call is important' before talking to a screener, then five minutes back with the crone before talking to a nurse, listed my symptoms, and was promptly put on 14-day quarantine and told to clean my CPAP machine regularly for the duration.

Jim

Anymore fever?

Nope, actually running below my normal. Gonna spent the time learning how to tie a decent muddler head, one of those things in the fly-tying game that's eluded me for thirty years. I've avoided the issue by swapping around.

Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement