Home The Lodge

Congratulate Me, I Guess

Magalloway2Magalloway2 Posts: 49 Member

At age 73, I was actually rude and vulgar to a neurologist today, telling him I hoped his spine fell through his **** and broke his effing neck. When he said, "You can't say that to me!" I replied, "I just did," but didn't follow it up with the ethnic slur I wanted to. In my opinion, he deserved every bit of it and a little more. For what it's worth another physician I saw about an hour later said, "Let me write that down, I need a line like that sometimes!"

Jim

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member

neurologists for my experience are just mean and nasty.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ShawnC2ShawnC2 Posts: 1,602 Senior Member

Go get 'em, Jim!

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,015 Senior Member

You can't tell us this story without explaining why you did this!!!

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 4,969 Senior Member

Mazel Tov!

You're officially an alter kaker.

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,325 Senior Member

If you ever get an electric "test" for Carpel tunnel nerve function , you will know why neurologists are not popular. Ouch!

• Buffco2Buffco2 Posts: 843 Senior Member

Had one to rule out nerve damage. It was a partial rotator cuff tear. Had to do it twice.

That nerve they hit right around the funny bone sucked OUT LOUD.

• Magalloway2Magalloway2 Posts: 49 Member

Six years ago in January, I fell during an ice storm and sustained a spinal cord injury. I can walk, drive, and function in most ways, but live in constant pain on the right side of my body from my shoulder blade to my toes. No treatment other than a witch's brew of politically unpopular drugs is the least bit effective in controlling the situation enough for me to get at least a few hours' sleep a night, but those drugs have now made it to the Veterans Administration's list of "Oh, my God, we can't be prescribing these, people might think we endorse addiction or something!" no-nos. I am now some sort of orphan/pariah and rained the "Curse of Cactus Jack Curtis" down on the man as he dismissed me and my wife from his august presence. Mr. Curtis was a former football coach of Stanford University back in the early sixties.

Jim

• Magalloway2Magalloway2 Posts: 49 Member

I might add that the only two substances I have an addiction/abuse problem with are probably sugar and red meat and that I've been using both the above-mentioned drugs for over five years without problems until the bluenoses stepped in to create some.

J

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement