PETA V. the Marines Sherb's legacy lives on!
• US Marines recently took part in jungle survival training at the latest iteration of the Cobra Gold exercise, during which they ate scorpions and drank the blood of king cobras.
• The training, led by the Marines' Thai counterparts, is designed to teach troops how to live off the land and survive should they find themselves fighting for their lives in the jungle.
• _But People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) _was troubled by the training and sent a letter to the Marine Corps' top general demanding he end the "crude killing of animals."
• ……..PETA expressed concern that Marines were "drinking the blood of decapitated cobras, eating live scorpions and skinned geckos, and even killing chickens with their bare hands."
• The organization's vice president, Shalin Gala, said that the training event depicted in the photos is "more reminiscent of a frat party gone wrong than a military drill."
Is there any difference?