Home The Lodge

Thanks Senate Bill 535

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 5,443 Senior Member

Replies

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,940 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #2

Gotta admit, that was a heck of shot. At least 15 yards with a moving target. One shot dropped him. Old dude was a shooting instructor. He's also running for County Commissioner. I bet he wins by a landslide now.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 5,443 Senior Member
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,078 Senior Member

a) what kind of church has a security team

b) my big take away was that he was heavily trained......that's why he did what he did.....too many knuckleheads with guns think they can pull this off without said training, and that's just not the case

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

He was FBI from what I read.

Doesn't matter when people are being slaughtered to me if the good guy has training or not. If all that stands between an unarmed family and a madman is an untrained good guy with a gun I’d take that all day long. Better than nothing.

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,078 Senior Member

until the guy with no training over reacts and makes a situation worse, or shoots bystanders, or something else equally stupid......walking around every day, i'd conservatively say i'd rather see 95% of the people i see unarmed.....idiots rule

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

True. But most people who can't handle themselves in a firefight will run. Armed or not. It's the guys who ran towards gunfire that I"m talking about. There were several of them in this case. They clearly didn't shoot up the place. I'm sad to say it but this is the times we seem to live in now. This mass shooting attempt was ended in six seconds. Imagine if the dude had six or more mins. I used to think like you. Not anymore. Arm yourself, practice often.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,039 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #8

Are we missing out on the fact that 2 people were still murdered by a crazy person who had no business owning a gun?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Sounds like he has a lengthy criminal record including assault with a deadly weapon. I doubt he legally obtained the firearm. Most criminals don’t...

edited December 2019 #10

You're right, many get them through strawman purchases.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/10/straw-purchasing-america-needs-to-prosecute-it/

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Here we go again with the strawman purchases. Most are stolen, especially in the minority communities.

edited January 1 #12

Prove it. and no NRA fake news.

11% strawman while 43% from black market which are ALL stolen. Another 6% the criminal himself stole. So 49% stolen.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/new-report-on-where-criminals-get-their-guns/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement