When the lunatics run the asylum 2.0

StevenSteven Senior MemberPosts: 3,559 Senior Member
edited July 18 in The Lodge #1

https://people.com/human-interest/berkeley-california-removing-gendered-language/

And yet, I came out perfectly normal. ;)

Edit to add: So I was a member of Sigma Alpha Mu Collegiate Greek System Residence. That rolls off the tongue.

Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,007 Senior Member

"Greek System Residence". Hmmm, I hope you didn't drop the soap in the shower.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 361 Senior Member
    edited July 20 #3

You know, the Cultural Appropriation of using the name "Greek" is pretty outrageous,
    and worthy of a lawsuit or at least a demand for compensation. Its hard to imagine making the image of Greek people worse, but American frats have been up to the task.

Next in line, removal of species-specific language, such as using "people", or "humanity". This might apply here. Afterall, I suspect some Lodge posters are not of "our" species.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

Sometimes I forget that Steven and I are actually fraternity brothers. Ha!

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,559 Senior Member

Did I know this?

Are we really?

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,176 Senior Member

I'm waiting for the day when "men" is removed from the word women and "man" is removed from the word woman.

You heard it here first folks...

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,269 Senior Member

Why would you care?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    edited July 24 #9

@fishingcomic said:
    Why would you care?

Why do you always insinuate in these types of posts that I would care? I don't care or give two sh-its about all of this PC we seem to be surrounded with these days.

However I do find it very funny at times and moronic at the same time the great lengths people will go to try and not offend someone.

So stick that in your maintenance hole and suck it!!! :p ;)

Why would you make a post if you didn't care?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@fishingcomic said:
    Why would you make a post if you didn't care?

To comment on that which I think is dumb.

Not allowed to comment on stuff or ???

edited July 24 #12

You obviously care, own it.

As dumb as you think it is, it is just as dumb to complain about it.

Whatever you say snoodle cakes...

@NZ Indicator said:
    I'm waiting for the day when "men" is removed from the word women and "man" is removed from the word woman.

Uhmmm…womyn. It's been around and in use by feminists since the 1970s. In the dictionary.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,105 Senior Member

It’s not history, it’s HERstory!

edited July 24 #16

At Cal, it's now theirstory.

Get your pronouns correct.

@Steven said:

@NZ Indicator said:

Uhmmm…womyn. It's been around and in use by feminists since the 1970s. In the dictionary.

Huh. Who knew?

Learn something new every day.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,007 Senior Member

It's time to try again to popularize my idea for an all purpose personal pronoun that gives no hint as to gender or sexual orientation.

"S h i t" is a perfect contraction of she, he and it.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,557 Senior Member

Can't have gender language, but can ask about race and gender on college applications so they can pick and choose. Splain that one to me Lucy!!!!
    Read somewhere that UC colleges have 6 genders to choose from. What ever happened to a **** or no ****?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.