The end of civilization is nigh

Replies

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member

I can't read it---so I'll Take the lead from the title

BUT!!

I'll see your Disney brawl and raise you one actual CBC story today

https://cbc.ca/life/style/so-what-are-we-doing-with-our-pubic-hair-these-days-1.5154929

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,972 Senior Member

I was going to try a side job years back. I have an old barber chair I was going to set up in the trailer and park it down at the beach. I was going to offer a $5.00 bikini wax with a free breast examination. no appointment necessary.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,011 Senior Member

Go for it Buford, but charge $20 due to inflation. :)

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,271 Senior Member
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,097 Senior Member
    edited July 9 #6

One could argue many of these folks that act like this were never that civilized to begin with.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member

Although very debatable...I'm tossed up that the signal for the end of civilization was between entertainment beginning with anything Kardashian or the dumbing down of humanity in the form of the show Big Brother

Or perhaps when people started calling McDonalds a "restaurant", and Coor's Lite "beer".

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,559 Senior Member

Saw this this morning.

Reminded me back in the day, all graduating high school seniors in the state of California were invited for one of two grad nights at Disneyland. Boys had to wear suits, girls had to wear dresses.

The idea was nobody would fight in a suit.

Did it work out as planned?

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,271 Senior Member

I did Grad Night at Disneyland. I had a great time. Spent a lot of time on the Monsanto ride making out.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@George K said:
    Did it work out as planned?

Yep.

@fishingcomic said:
    I did Grad Night at Disneyland. I had a great time. Spent a lot of time on the Monsanto ride making out.

It was a great night. Spent the bus ride back and forth making out with Catherine Dodd. We went on Space Mountain a bunch, if I remember correctly. Kool & The Gang and Chic (Chick - Le Freak) played on Tom Sawyer Island.

The next day was senior ditch day and after a short nap spent the day at Zuma getting buzzed on Miller High Life, bodyboarding and making out with Catherine Dodd.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

She seems nice.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,177 Senior Member

@Steven said:

@fishingcomic said:

It was a great night. Spent the bus ride back and forth making out with Catherine Dodd. We went on Space Mountain a bunch, if I remember correctly. Kool & The Gang and Chic (Chick - Le Freak) played on Tom Sawyer Island.

The next day was senior ditch day and after a short nap spent the day at Zuma getting buzzed on Miller High Life, bodyboarding and making out with Catherine Dodd.

Which Catherine Dodd on Facebook is this? B) :#

Blond. 56. UCLA. Went to work for Pepsi straight out of school.

That's all I got now.

@Shawn C. said:
    She seems nice.

She was. Smart and pretty too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.