Iran says Revolutionary Guard shoots down US drone

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,922 Senior Member

@Bushart said:

@Steven said:
    I better get practicing. The Iranians would all be dead from laughing.

Hey the glory of Bolton is in the works here

After all Iraq worked so well--might as well fight currently on 2 fronts

Tell one of your kids to enlist---after all you hold this as the greatest of importance
    Or your just satisfied deeming one of your neighbors sons or daughters as expendable

https://nypost.com/2019/06/20/putin-warned-us-before-drone-was-shot-down-not-to-attack-iran/

I don't know Bushie... You seem to have me confused with somebody who wants to go full on war with Iran. No interest.

But that doesn't mean the Obama deal was a good one. While it may have slowed down Iran's entry into the nuke club, Trump understood that the honey we were giving them was just being put to use to support terrorists and other Iranian puppet throughout the Middle East.

Strangle them economically until the Mullahs are coughing up blood.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,518 Senior Member

@Bushart said:
    Yeah....Iraq is half the size of Iran---how many American sons were lost F'n them up badly?

What’s your argument?? I don't see anybody here arguing for a war with Iran. The left narrative of the day is that the president is weak for not striking. Now, if he strikes,, then you and the left can start the war monger narrative. Jeez.

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 361 Senior Member

If our primary goal is to prevent the Iranians from building a nuke and missile to carry it, then the ONLY way to insure that is an Iraqi-style invasion. It can all be built underground or in remote sites. There is no support for that outside the Bolton-Pompeo axis, so you have to negotiate. If our secondary goal is to quiet the Gulf region, and secure ISR, we have to silence the Shia/Sunni rivalary. Probably not possible.
    Into this crazy situation rides a simple-minded idiot with a hero-complex. What could go wrong?

You shouldn't talk about Ali Khamenei like that.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,208 Senior Member

@Steven said:
    I'm a little old, can't see and wear hearing aids. Maybe the Canadian navy will take me.

No matter, tell them you want to me a mess Sgt.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,168 Senior Member

@Green Mt Boy said:

Pet peeve: it is “3 different sites” not “3 different sights” Mr. President.

You expect proof reading from a man that can't speak in complete sentences?

I wonder if he asked about casualties, or somebody (the general) warned him of the casualties and consequences and trump is taking credit for listening to a cooler head.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,020 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    I think we back off and let the international community deal with them. They are clearly baiting the US. I don't know why, but they are.

They're baiting us? You have got to be kidding.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    edited June 2019 #39

You seem to have me confused with somebody who wants to go full on war with Iran. No interest.

You seem to have me confused with somebody who wants to go full on war with Iran.

Bibi does. Tell me without a deal that stops their current production, which is what we had, what other alternative is there?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@MikeA said:

@Bushart said:
    Yeah....Iraq is half the size of Iran---how many American sons were lost F'n them up badly?

What’s your argument?? I don't see anybody here arguing for a war with Iran. The left narrative of the day is that the president is weak for not striking. Now, if he strikes,, then you and the left can start the war monger narrative. Jeez.

That is a lie. Nobody other than Bolton and the other ex-PNAC dotards think he is weak for not striking.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,208 Senior Member

Like Father, Like Daughter.

Liz Cheney said Trump's decision was as bad as Obama's unenforced "red line" in Syria. She was soundly defeated when she ran a primary challenge against Senator Enzi last time around, but he is retiring. She may try for his seat in 2020.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

You seem to have me confused with somebody who wants to go full on war with Iran. No interest.

You seem to have me confused with somebody who wants to go full on war with Iran.

Bibi does. Tell me without a deal that stops their current production, which is what we had, what other alternative is there?

I don't know Comic----looks like 2 guys looking for peace to me yesterday (enter sarcasm emoji)

The beebs knows Bolton is his last chance when the Dems take the White house next election---his strike aspirations go with it

https://timesofisrael.com/in-israel-bolton-warns-iran-not-to-mistake-us-prudence-for-weakness/

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 361 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    You shouldn't talk about Ali Khamenei like that.

No, he's not simple minded. But Trump is.

Democrats 2020 slogan, Trump bad, Iran Good. Make Iran Great again.

edited June 2019 #48

I'm not Benjamin Netanyahu.

Economic strangulation is really our only hope. Ef up the Iranian economy so much that they simply can't afford to proceed without causing riots and, hopefully, internal regime change.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member

Check....Bolton is in Israel and Pompeo is in Saudi Arabia

Yep that should just about close the loop

https://cbc.ca/news/world/iran-us-tensions-pompeo-drones-1.5187240

Says the guy who spent the last two and a half years parroting the Trump Collusion conspiracy. Learn from that. You're being lied to.

But I'll try again. If you like your bread crumbs from the tax breaks, too bad. We're gonna roll em back. Dems 2020!!

Vote for me and I'll make America Venezuela again. They're on a roll.

@Steven said:

I'm not Benjamin Netanyahu.

Economic strangulation is really our only hope. Ef up the Iranian economy so much that they simply can't afford to proceed without causing riots and, hopefully, internal regime change.

How is that working in Cuba and North Korea?

@MikeA said:
    Vote for me and I'll make America Venezuela again. They're on a roll.

edited June 2019 #55

@MikeA said:

Says the guy who spent the last two and a half years parroting the Trump Collusion conspiracy. Learn from that. You're being lied to.

Again nobody has investigated collusion. The Mueller report does not exonerate. I don't care what the Cheeto Messiah has told you. It is clear from the report that Russia made many attempts to influence the election and the Trump campaign was willing to accept the help.

@fishingcomic said:

How is that working in Cuba and North Korea?

Cuba’s not an example, I don’t think. We’ve never really gone after countries and companies that do business there. Do business with Iran, Trump will f-ck you up.

The Green protests are indicative that the Iranian populace isn't as docile as the North Koreans.

edited June 2019 #57

Yeah let's make war with the whole rest of the world. Is that your plan?

You mean the protests that effected as much change as Tianemen Square?

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

Carrot or stick? The eternal question.

edited June 2019 #59

@fishingcomic said:

@MikeA said:

Again nobody has investigated collusion. The Mueller report does not exonerate. I don't care what the Cheeto Messiah has told you. It is clear from the report that Russia made many attempts to influence the election and the Trump campaign was willing to accept the help.

Who was the POTUS while these election tampering attempts were going again??? Even CNN says Obama knew about it and didn't act. My bad, he told them to "cut it out".

@fishingcomic said:

Semantics.

Nobody investigated collusion because there's no such thing as illegal collusion. However, at 3:41, Mueller says clearly that there was "insufficient evidence to charge a broader conspiracy."

These guys are amazing. It's like the last 2.5 years didn't even happen...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.