Home The Lodge

Bushart and storms.

FishTXFishTX Super ModeratorPosts: 8,715 Senior Member

So you don't have to start a post. Last Saturday a storm took down trees in my area. Brought down a big dead oak behind the house. Fell away from the house into a 12 foot gap between the shed and a poplar I planted.

A little while ago my brother called and a friend texted saying a tornado was headed my way. I left to seek shelter. The storm produced at least 2 tornadoes (one touched down) after the rotating part passed over my place.

You won't have to ask about me. However, more storms in the area so who knows? :)

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

Wow, stay safe Fish!

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,715 Senior Member

When I went home, I left again because of a another, weaker cell. Then a third cell headed that way from a different starting point. I lost connection with the news site, but don't think the 2nd and 3rd cell produced tornadoes.

There was at least one tornado near a city that was hit a couple years ago. The last I heard there was one minor injury.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 2,002 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #4

What part of Texas?
    Keep your head down!!

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member

Keep yur eyes to the skyline

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 541 Senior Member

Feed a neighbor to the wind spirit for appeasement should it come your way.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,159 Senior Member

What bmm said. :smile:

"...this low-rent Lear raging on his Twitter-heath has proven that the phrase malignant buffoon is not an oxymoron..."

George Will

@CO Native said:
    What part of Texas?
    Keep your head down!!

About 65 miles east of Dallas in the Piney Woods region.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 2,002 Senior Member

Nice area. Texas is one option for a winter home in a few years. Wife really likes the area between Austin and San Antonio.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member

If you don't do this, I'll tell Trump you're a Mexican and get you deported.

@CO Native said:
    Nice area. Texas is one option for a winter home in a few years. Wife really likes the area between Austin and San Antonio.

In that area, you can fly fish for our state fish, the Guadalupe bass. While you can keep some, I recommend catch and release due to declining numbers.

@Buffco said:
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030355/uploads/461/1R4XIXD94DSK.jpg
    If you don't do this, I'll tell Trump you're a Mexican and get you deported.

With recent additions to the family, I'm sure they can find me a home down there.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,039 Senior Member

Have you fished the Guadalupe or the Devil's River?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

no

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement