Home The Lodge

I bet there are some bung holes getting tight right about now.

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 5,817 Senior Member
edited May 2019 in The Lodge #1

Each also is dealing with an elephant that’s not just in the room but sitting uncomfortably in their laps. Christopher Steele’s dossier is clearly a Russian intelligence operation (“active measure” in IC-speak) that took advantage of a cooperative outreach by the Hillary Clinton campaign.
If these IC leaders didn’t recognize it as such, then it truly was amateur hour at the top. The more troubling scenario would be if each made a conscious decision to ignore the obvious Russian interference attempt and, instead, wring political value out of the dossier.

The American people shouldn’t feel badly if all this seems confusing. Even experienced counterintelligence investigators are scratching their heads. The former FBI general counsel to Comey, James Baker, added to the confusion last week with some lawyer language — that the FBI “took the dossier seriously, but not necessarily literally.” Say what?

IG Horowitz likely will take note of that statement as he finalizes his review of possible abuses by Comey and his team of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) process. It seems doubtful that a FISA court judge would have granted an electronic surveillance order had he been told the FBI believed Page was acting as an agent of Russia — but not literally so.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/444802-ag-barr-puts-former-intel-bosses-on-notice

Replies

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member

Benghazi!

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

Thanks, Obama.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 5,817 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #4

Russia! Collusion!

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,076 Senior Member

I think the Russians planted this story about them planting the other story. Reverse psychology and all that.

“If it is what you say it is, I love it.”

Those are quotation marks In case you misplaced your reading glasses.

It does seem like there really was Russian collusion. And the DNC even paid 10 million for it.

I thought we gave all the money to Iran for suicide vests?

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,124 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #9

@MikeA said:
    It does seem like there really was Russian collusion. And the DNC even paid 10 million for it.

You do realize that the Clinton campaign never released this dosier right?

Not too mention that the investigation was started not because of the dosier, but by the comments and behavior of people associated with the campaign.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/30/us/politics/how-fbi-russia-investigation-began-george-papadopoulos.html

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member

Mike do you ever sleep at night or do you just keep patrolling the perimeter?

Jim

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 361 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #11

While the Dossier might be BS, the fact is Trump has acted As If Putieputt has something on him. And that led people to give the Dossier story some credence. If Trump wasn't acting so weird the story would have been ignored.

FBI

Counterintelligence

Investigation

Let those words sink in for a while.

edited May 2019 #13

I"m sure I'm wrong. I mean, for two years you same folks bought the Russian conspiracy hook line and sinker. All the while I told you it was a made up BS investigation with fake intelligence (provided by none other than <<< RUSSIA >>> and paid for by the opposing party. So yea, I'm sure I'm wrong again...

edited May 2019 #14

If we are so wrong, why not release the full report? If we are so wrong, why not release the tax records? Why not let McCahn testify? Why would 800 prosecutors say he would be charged with a crime if he were not in the White House?

BTW the report does show that the Trump campaign was interested in Russian assistance, and that the Russians were engaged in a campaign to get Trump elected.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    edited May 2019 #15

If the full report had a hand written note from God clearing Trump, it wouldn’t matter. I’ve seen enough from this party over the last two years to know that there is nothing too low. I learned that from watching Kavenaugh’s daughters being rushed out of his hearing (likely his greatest lifetime achievement) as they tried to paint him as a serial ****. Despite an overwhelming evidence to the contrary, despite high school years books, despite dozens of female character witnesses, still they went after the guy. I’d fight the DNC at every turn if I were Trump too. His life and legacy is at stake and they are hell bent on destroying them. Fake intel to start a spying operation on the opposing party,,, no problem. Now it’s Barr’s turn in the Barrel. I’m sure he’ll be painted as the anti-christ in the following days and weeks now that the intel on the genesis of this witch hunt have been declassified.

The people are ready to move on and for their elected officials to govern. Nancy has a city full of human feces to clean up and he highest income inequality in the whole nation to do something about. They have become the party of the elite. Someday those poor people are going to realize that this all just a smoke screen to keep their attention far away from the reality of their poo filled streets.

Let's face it, you will buy any load of crap this administration feeds you.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 4,811 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #17

There are significant separation of powers questions with regard to a presidential advisor being forced to testify to Congress regarding conversations with the President. If the President cannot have private conversations with his advisors, that would put a chilling effect on the information the President could receive.

McGahn was an advisor, not a Cabinet official.

Presidents have been turning down such requests for 50 years, and well they should.

Nadler claims this time is different because McGahn answered Mueller's questions. But there is no separation of powers question here. Mueller was part of the Executive branch.

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 361 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #18

Cesspool politics are so difficult to judge.

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member

MikeA, you really should read something other than what you have been, you'll discover that there has been quite a few indictments, convictions associated with the investigation you say is fake. If IQ45 did no wrong, or his campaign did no wrong, why are there so many convictions for lying to congress?

http://time.com/5556331/mueller-investigation-indictments-guilty-pleas/

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Okay guys who lived through the 60’s:

Are we at Nixon level yet? Sure, different styles from the POTUS, but this has to be up there, right?

@Steven said:
    There are significant separation of powers questions with regard to a presidential advisor being forced to testify to Congress regarding conversations with the President. If the President cannot have private conversations with his advisors, that would put a chilling effect on the information the President could receive.

McGahn was an advisor, not a Cabinet official.

Presidents have been turning down such requests for 50 years, and well they should.

Nadler claims this time is different because McGahn answered Mueller's questions. But there is no separation of powers question here. Mueller was part of the Executive branch.

Except he did testify to Mueller and Trump called him a liar.

BTW Mueller never said there was no collusion. He said it wasn't a thing and he could not find indictable proof the administration conspired. But that was because he would have to prove intent. He never said the President was not guilty of wrong doing only that he could not prove a crime. Is that really the bar we want to set?

As to Obstruction, there was plenty of evidence, he just could not indict a sitting president.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-prosecutors-trump-obstruction-20190506-story.html

@MikeA said:
    If the full report had a hand written note from God clearing Trump, it wouldn’t matter.

If the full report had that hand written note, Trump would release it and everyone would be testifying before the Republican Controlled Senate Committee.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement