Home The Lodge

What is this country turning into?

CO NativeCO Native Senior MemberPosts: 2,067 Senior Member

Counseling for people because a tv show is coming to an end?
Talk about a bunch of snowflakes!!
https://www.foxnews.com/health/game-of-thrones-counseling-therapy

Instead of shrinks, they should be forced to go to boot camp. They'd probably never survive.

Replies

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member

Even I laughed at this one...counselling for GOT's

I could see if the brewers went on strike...but this?

• magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member

Rather proud to say that I've never watched, nor have any intent to watch, an episode.

Jim

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,124 Senior Member

@CO Native said:
    Counseling for people because a tv show is coming to an end?
    Talk about a bunch of snowflakes!!
    https://www.foxnews.com/health/game-of-thrones-counseling-therapy

Instead of shrinks, they should be forced to go to boot camp. They'd probably never survive.

I mean it isn't as bad as a Christmas Coffee cup without a picture of white baby Jesus.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

The funny thing is they are mad because it didn't provide a satisfying closure. The frigging show never offered a satisfying closure, which is why I stopped watching it years ago.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 361 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #6

"What is this country turning into"?
    Possibly nothing since its a UK business and makes no mention of Yank customers.

Bark.com, a U.K.-based social network that helps match users match with service providers (such as dog walkers), is offering “a specialized Game of Thrones counseling service” for 20 pounds.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

Acre GoT. Watch the new Chernobyl mini-series.

Gart, As Comic pointed out, there are snowflakes on both sides of any political or cultural divide.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 2,067 Senior Member

Why in the **** do you guys turn EVERYTHING into politics? I didn't say a thing about politics, just that anyone that needs counseling because a tv show ends is just too soft to be alive.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

It' The Lodge. It's an assumption. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth.

@CO Native said:
    Why in the **** do you guys turn EVERYTHING into politics? I didn't say a thing about politics, just that anyone that needs counseling because a tv show ends is just too soft to be alive.

Same reason you chose to use the perjorative 'snowflake.'

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 2,067 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #11

Dude, "snowflake" is anyone who's just soft. Maybe in your mind you see all liberals as snowflakes so you put a political twist on it. I think it's anyone who is just soft and all touchy feely and can't deal with reality.

EDIT: Now that I read what I just wrote, I see how you think I'm talking about liberals - hahaha.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 4,816 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #12

GOT = GOAT

The finale was fine. It wasn't MASH, but it wasn't the Soprano's either.

Looking forward to the prequel (the original fight for Westeros and the 7 Kingdoms). Watched the show and read the books.

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 541 Senior Member

It was meh. The past 3 seasons have seen a steady decline in the writing. Still was some of the best TV I have watched overall, which isn’t a terribly high bar as I watch little.

I had read the books so I got into the show. First 5 seasons were pretty great. Glad it’s over, but would be a shame if that’s the only end we get because the writer dies before finishing the series.

My problem from the beginning is that Fantasy is supposed to work like Tragedy in that it provide catharsis. GOT never delivered on that score.

@CO Native said:
    Dude, "snowflake" is anyone who's just soft. Maybe in your mind you see all liberals as snowflakes so you put a political twist on it. I think it's anyone who is just soft and all touchy feely and can't deal with reality.

EDIT: Now that I read what I just wrote, I see how you think I'm talking about liberals - hahaha.

When you refer to the War on Christmas whiners as the snowflakes they are, I will accept your explanation.

BTW, I bet maybe 60 people at most get the counseling and even then it will be to complain about how so and so died to get it off their chest.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement