A Catholic Marital Implosion

BushartBushart Senior MemberPosts: 3,041 Senior Member

So we've been married 34 years...so...you know...she's still on probation ;)

So now I find out she's watchin "Jesus Christ Superstar" tonite while I'm cheerin on the Beaners over them dirty, slimy lowlife Toronto Maple Leafs

Superstar was on the list for tomorrow night

So according to Vatican rules---pretty sure this is Grounds :)

Figure??

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,099 Senior Member

Does Beaner mean something different in Canada? 🇨🇦

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member
    edited April 20 #3

Uh...Boston Bruins
    Ya--think it's different there eh?

Close neighbors---different lingo
    Forever I thought Cracker was what I crunched in my chicken noodle soup

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,004 Senior Member

@Bushart said:
    Uh...Boston Bruins
    Ya--think it's different there eh?

Close neighbors---different lingo
    Forever I thought Cracker was what I crunched in my chicken noodle soup

In the NE that would be a saltine cracker, or just saltine. As you move south and to the midwest you often hear them referred to as soda crackers.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Ya---where I was going with cracker was an insult aimed at someone of my pigment

I had to look it up a couple years ago---thought---How could cracker be a bad thing?
    Goes good with cheese..peanut butter ---deli meats.... :)

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,556 Senior Member

Beaners for someone from Boston is nice. I consider them all A S S holes and they just keep proving it over and over.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,260 Senior Member

You know a lot of Bostonians do you?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,004 Senior Member
    edited April 21 #8

Bostonians:

• Good shoes when they still were "Made in USA".
    • Lucky to have easy access to lobster, clams and fresh fish.
    • Perhaps the worst drivers in North America north of the Rio Grande.
    • Unappreciative inheritors of noble history, despite chest thumping yahooism.
    • Hugely sucking sports fans and teams.
    • Hey, how about this year's Red Sox!!!!!

:)

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

When I was in the AF, my best friend was from Billerica. That guy was nuts.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,024 Senior Member
    edited April 21 #10

I’m rooting for the Leafs. I have nothing in particular against the Bruins but I just hate the Patriots that much. The overflow hatred is for the Bruins. Red Sox not so much. The Junior Circuit barely qualifies as baseball so I don’t care about them. ;)

@Shawn C. said:
    I’m rooting for the Leafs. I have nothing in particular against the Bruins but I just hate the Patriots that much. The overflow hatred is for the Bruins. Red Sox not so much. The Junior Circuit barely qualifies as baseball so I don’t care about them. ;)

Yur Dead to Me ;)

@Shawn C. said:

Aren't you a Pirates fan?

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,556 Senior Member

Yes I do. Spent that last 8 years working for a company out of Boston and putting up with a bunch of morons.

You know I am, Comic.

As much as I love baseball, I really don’t watch any AL ball except playoffs. It’s the NASCAR of baseball.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,172 Senior Member

@Bushart said:
    So we've been married 34 years...so...you know...she's still on probation ;)

So now I find out she's watchin "Jesus Christ Superstar" tonite while I'm cheerin on the Beaners over them dirty, slimy lowlife Toronto Maple Leafs

Superstar was on the list for tomorrow night

So according to Vatican rules---pretty sure this is Grounds :)

Figure??

Jesus is coming. Look busy in your lounge pants...

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,582 Senior Member

Nobody has answered your Beaner question. Down here, it's a derogatory reference to Mexicans, or any Latin American. Because they pick beans, I guess.

oh---I try not to make fun of other races

Only Canadians with Scottish/Irish roots :)

It's ok. You can still make fun of Americans, white males, and southern rednecks. That's still considered PC.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,778 Senior Member

It's because they eat beans.

Buffco must be a next level of wokeness. He doesn't even know the stereotype.

Man I never put that together. All these years I've been calling calling them that and I didn't even get the reference.

You Younguns wish to define what "Woke" means today??

Used to mean...."I woke at 5 am to spank some trouts"

• magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,030 Senior Member

@George K said:
    Bostonians:

• Good shoes when they still were "Made in USA".

:)

Made, if I'm not mistaken, right here in Lewiston, Maine back when we had a corner on the high-end men's shoe production. As far as I know, the only shoes now made here are some hand-sewn Allen Edmonds numbers. There are still stories floating among older families of Papa bringing home a pair of shoes or two at night to finish off for an extra fifty cents or so the next payday.

Jim

@Buffco said:
    It's ok. You can still make fun of Americans, white males, and southern rednecks. That's still considered PC.

Redneck is not a race, it is a choice.

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,899 Senior Member
    edited April 23 #24

@Shawn C. said:
    You know I am, Comic.
    As much as I love baseball, I really don’t watch any AL ball except playoffs. It’s the NASCAR of baseball.

You're now dead to me. AL = NASCAR ??? I don't think so

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Well, I see a Lamar Valley cage match forthcoming!

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member

National League vs. American League: Who’s Got an Advantage?

https://www.electro-mech.com/team-sports/baseball/national-league-vs-american-league-whos-got-a-advantage/

“It seems that when the pressure is on and the World Series is at stake, the American League wins the battle in the NL vs. AL rivalry.”

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.