India v. Pakistan

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 3,882 Senior Member

Two nuclear powers going at it? NBD.

Anyway, back to the sh!tshow that is Congress and the President's fixer.

Replies

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,217 Senior Member

What could possibly go wrong :#

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,913 Senior Member

No time for that Sherb. Cohen is on the Hill. Cohen!

There is some pretty gruesome footage on the net (liveleak) from the downed jets.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,854 Senior Member

Maybe Trump can make a few calls to PM's Modi and Khan. You know, let them know how may electoral votes he got in the 2016 election. That should de-escalate things.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,801 Senior Member

This has been a powder keg for a long time
    Doesn't take much to light this one up

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,914 Senior Member
    edited February 28 #7

I lived in Pakistan for five years. Most of of the sub-continent suffers from a tendency to act first and think later, so I hope they can keep this under control.

I don't know anything about Mr. Modi. Imran Khan was a top star cricket player living the playboy life in London when I lived there in the early 1980s. Long after that he retired, got religion, moved back to Pakistan and entered politics.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Air Canada has cancelled all flights over that region

Prob a good idea since that passenger airliner got shot out of the sky in Ukraine

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,868 Senior Member

@George K said:
    I lived in Pakistan for five years. Most of of the sub-continent suffers from a tendency to act first and think later, so I hope they can keep this under control.

I don't know anything about Mr. Modi. Imran Khan was a top star cricket play living the playboy life in London when I lived there in the early 1980s. Long after that he retired, got religion, moved back to Pakistan and entered politics.

There is nothing scarier than someone that "finds" religion.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@fishingcomic said:

@George K said:

I don't know anything about Mr. Modi. Imran Khan was a top star cricket play living the playboy life in London when I lived there in the early 1980s. Long after that he retired, got religion, moved back to Pakistan and entered politics.

You need to get out more then.

I have lived in more places than you have traveled to.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Keep it civil.

Most terrorists are recent converts or people that rediscovered their religion. His comment was a foolish one.

My list of things scarier than holy rollers is longer than Buffy's list of reasons why he would need to visit Sherbs tent in the middle on the night if he were to go on the fishing trip.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,882 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    My list of things scarier than holy rollers is longer than Buffy's list of reasons why he would need to visit Sherbs tent in the middle on the night if he were to go on the fishing trip.

Well done. I salute you.

@MikeA said:

I am thinking it would be more like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=NZnfo8ggeqc

@MikeA said:

Not when you throw in nukes.

@fishingcomic said:

@MikeA said:

Not when you throw in nukes.

BTW are you saying there is more to be worried about than terrorists?

I don't really know anything about this conflict (which isn't going to stop me from pontificating at length about it) but isn't this a secular dispute? Like normal territorial ambition nation-state type stuff?

@sherb said:
    I don't really know anything about this conflict (which isn't going to stop me from pontificating at length about it) but isn't this a secular dispute? Like normal territorial ambition nation-state type stuff?

Sort of, but the history is that the Hindu Maharaja of Muslim-majority Kashmir chose to join India in 1947 at partition, and the Brits drew the map that way. The two countries have been fighting over it ever since, sometimes actively.

Oh. . .like Alsace-Lorraine. Interesting. I never knew what the Kashmir dispute was about.

Fortunately France and Germany have managed to resolve their issues.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,306 Senior Member
    edited February 28 #22

That's actually a very, very short list. Only one reason, actually.

1. Daddy is gonna lay pipe.

@Buffco said:
    https://forums.flyfisherman.com/discussion/comment/230624#Comment_230624
    That's actually a very, very short list. Only one reason, actually.
    1. Daddy is gonna lay pipe.

Thanks for that mental picture there Buff____I almost hurled up my breakfast pizza

So is this some sort of Civil war Freudian dream---cuz based on your avatars----You got Lee puttin the wood to Lincoln in a tent somewhere in Colorado
    with a suspicious peep hole at the tent's end surrounded by Chik-A -Fil wrappers

What's that all about...please Splain??

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,306 Senior Member

Gonna split his Manassas and Bull Run all over it.

Did I miss a Meeting??

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,386 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

Flashback to 1976 bumper stickers.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,386 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    Interesting. I never knew what the Kashmir dispute was about.

British mapmakers strike again.

@Steven said:

@sherb said:
    Interesting. I never knew what the Kashmir dispute was about.

British mapmakers strike again.

I think I've told you guys this story, but when I was deployed during the first gulf war I was up on the border where Kuwait, Iraq and Saudi Arabia come together. It's literally a berm the British dug in the dirt.

I was in a cab with a Kashmiri cab driver. I asked him what most people in Kashmir thought. He said, "They wish both of them would leave us the hell alone."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.