I would have thought

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 23,880 Senior Member

With all the concern about voter fraud from all the conservatives here, there would be a discussion of NC by now. I wonder why that hasn't happened.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Replies

• magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,025 Senior Member

Voter fraud can only be committed by illegal aliens, Democrats, and other low-iq types.

Jim

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,217 Senior Member

I had to google because I didn't even know what you were referring too. Yeah, that's totally f'd up. I'm disappointed he won't face real punishment.

I'd be all in favor of stronger voter laws, like needing ID, even if it meant not being able to vote absentee. I do that for convenience but would be totally fine having to do it in person.

So I assume you are pointing this out to show that your side is now in favor of making stronger voting protection lwas/efforts. Good glad to see you making the step in the right direction.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,880 Senior Member

How is it you were unaware of this? Could it be your media sources are biased?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    edited February 23 #5

@jbilly said:
    I had to google because I didn't even know what you were referring too. Yeah, that's totally f'd up. I'm disappointed he won't face real punishment.

I'd be all in favor of stronger voter laws, like needing ID, even if it meant not being able to vote absentee. I do that for convenience but would be totally fine having to do it in person.

So I assume you are pointing this out to show that your side is now in favor of making stronger voting protection lwas/efforts. Good glad to see you making the step in the right direction.

Did you notice that the only thing this proves is that voter id would have no impact on this? Did you further notice that it also proves the only motivations of Republicans is to prevent people from voting (edited by fishtx cause I assume you did not mean video).

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,217 Senior Member

Please tell me which media sources I use. I’d really love to know which ones I must be looking at

As for motivation you can’t even get that right. If the goal was denying a vote as you state wouldn’t they just toss ballot in trash. Clearly goal was to get positive votes in there column.

Which as I stated is BS and wrong. Accept or don’t. Up to you.

edited February 23 #7

They did toss the ballots in the trash.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-news-north-carolina-new-election-ninth-district-mark-harris-20190221-story.html

Try looking at news sources that don't feature articles on celebrity boobies.

At the same time they were tossing those ballots in NC they were throwing people off voting roles illegally in Georgia.

Voter fraud in the context of needing voter ID is all-but nonexistent except in the fervid mind of The Donald.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,072 Senior Member
    edited February 24 #9

@fishingcomic said:
    With all the concern about voter fraud from all the conservatives here, there would be a discussion >of NC by now.I wonder why that hasn't happened.

Because what happened in NC is election fraud not voter fraud.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,914 Senior Member

In the new election some of those three million illegal aliens whom Trump says voted against him probably will take a day trip to North Carolina to elect the Democrat.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

@NZ Indicator said:

@fishingcomic said:
    With all the concern about voter fraud from all the conservatives here, there would be a discussion >of NC by now.I wonder why that hasn't happened.

Is that better?

I would think this to be considerably worse in that voter fraud is the act of a single individual whereas this is the concerted actions of a group to skew the results of an election. Very few few fraudulent voters would put their heads together and say, "Hey, let's all go vote illegally in order to get John Q. Ablinalp thrown out of office.

Jim

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,856 Senior Member

Voter fraud is about as common as a unicorn.

edited February 25 #14

@magalloway said:
    I would think this to be considerably worse in that voter fraud is the act of a single individual whereas this is the concerted actions of a group to skew the results of an election. Very few few fraudulent voters would put their heads together and say, "Hey, let's all go vote illegally in order to get John Q. Ablinalp thrown out of office.

Jim

Those people's votes shouldn't count.

BTW is he any relation to Albert Ablinalp?

Actually, I was thinking of one of Richard Nixon's old buddies. He invented the spray-can nozzle and could buy most second-world countries twice-over.

Jim

Bebe Rebozo?

Another hanger-on, not Rebozo. Another of the Florida crowd. I think Rebozo was or wanted to be a big shot in the Cuban community. I'm searching long-shut memory banks, but I believe his name was Robert Ablinalp.

Jim

I got the spelling wrong--Robert Abpinalp, died 2003.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,072 Senior Member
    edited February 25 #19

@fishingcomic said:

@NZ Indicator said:

@fishingcomic said:

Is that better?

So you are in favor of banning ballot harvesting in California and the rest of the nation yes ?

We don't want this type of stuff that happened in NC to happen elsewhere yes?

I am in favor of outlawing throwing ballots in the trash. Are you?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.