get guides off public waters

kipperkipper Posts: 1 Junior Member

all fee based guiding should be stopped on public waters. If guides want to operate on private land and water that is fine. People should not be allowed to exploit public waters for personal gain. I'm sure the guides are all a bunch of great guys. but they lower the quality of the fishing experience for the majority of fisherman by their $ driven exploitation of a public resource.

Replies

• SurfdagSurfdag Posts: 5 Junior Member

I'd be happy if you could just get them out of the bar before closing time.

• RedRockFisherRedRockFisher Posts: 17 Junior Member

Couldn't agree more. Guides have ruined Montana.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,639 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #4

Wait till the nonstop flow of rental kayaks descends onto your rivers. They have turned our rivers into theme parks. No joke. They advertise all along the interstate with big billboards. They have day floats where you can search for buried treasure. Haunted night floats where you can die from being sucked under from a strainer in the night. Pretty much the only Trout stream in middle TN has been turned into a theme park for Nashville city folks. As if the the trash that now litters the bottom, and the non stop flow of new boaters who can't paddle isn't bad enough. I've witnessed fights, lots of drunkenness, lots of public urinating, two people having sex on a gravel bar in the middle of the day, you name it, you can see it there. I finally gave up on the place.

• RedRockFisherRedRockFisher Posts: 17 Junior Member

Time to Make Rivers Great Again. MRGA

• MisterJrMisterJr Posts: 1 Junior Member

Agree, Kipper

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.