The Most Important Question Ever Asked Here

BushartBushart Senior MemberPosts: 2,694 Senior Member

Hair Dye for Men....Yay or Nay?

Or a piece??

Connery and Duvall---flew the bald thing proud

Redford went old in style---gray hair and craggy face---kurt Russell--gray---Bon Jovi ---Gray

Some of these old dodgers with blackish/red hair---not too sure

I get women dying---they are very concerned on appearances---men??----looks weird to me

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,794 Senior Member

Yeah, the Tom Jones look isn't fooling anyone and looks pretty ridiculous.

I'm interested to hear Sherb's thought on this subject.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,694 Senior Member

I'll give my POV--outta the gate

McCartney near 80 and the black hair-----nah

I am what I was born to be-----may not be pretty---but it is real

I've seen some "updated" men looks lately----must be hard lookin in the mirror and tryin to recognize yourself

Not there's anything wrong with that :)

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,195 Senior Member

Shebs going to go with the jet black man bun

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 309 Senior Member

Fast forward ten years guys and you will all be painting your nails. Its the stuff in the chemtrails, doncha know!
    Never breathe when you are outside, that's the only way to stop the metrosexual conspiracy.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,794 Senior Member

What do yo mean 10 years? Sherb's nails are fabulous. Honestly, with all that rowing I don't know how he does it. The b i t c h. Not that I'm jealous or anything.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,791 Senior Member

Why is everybody asking me?

I look fabulous.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,791 Senior Member

My .02:

Bite the bullet and Shave it.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,708 Senior Member

I have dyed my hair and beard. The upkeep did not feel worth the effort.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,866 Senior Member

Go commando or be ridiculed.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,607 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #11

@sherb said:
    My .02:

Number 2 spacer all over, as my wants me to have some hair.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,343 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    My .02:

Some day...but I'd probably go with the close crop.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,343 Senior Member

@Bushart said:
    I'll give my POV--outta the gate

McCartney near 80 and the black hair-----nah

Bushart and I agree on something.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,505 Senior Member

Nothing says "egotistical ****" like died hair on a man.
    Also, nothing worse looking than these old guys with dark hair and white roots.
    I have a ton of hair, mostly gray and that's the way it's staying because my head is NOT shaped well for being buzzed. Wish it was because it would be so much easier.

I figure it can turn any color it wants as long as it doesn't turn loose. Sorry Sheb.

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,960 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #15

For fun I got some of the Just For Men shampoo. You use it till you achieve the level you want and then use it maybe once a week to maintain it. Not bad if you leave enough gray to match your face. Only used it for a week and since then it's gone.

And women are not better than men here. When grandma is in her eighties and has jet black hair, who is she fooling? Her hair wasn't that black in her teens.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

@FishTX said:
    For fun I got some of the Just For Men shampoo. You use it till you achieve the level you want and then use it maybe once a week to maintain it. Not bad if you leave enough gray to match your face. Only used it for a week and since then it's gone.

And women are not better than men here. When grandma is in her eighties and has jet black hair, who is she fooling. Her hair wasn't that black in here teens.

Why do you hate Grammas :*

I'm just thinking----Why??

It's like that guy in Europe that wanted to change his legal age to 10 or 20 years younger---cuz he was not gettin the dating site hits....ok fine??

He lost that one

@Bushart said:

Not hating grandma. Just saying society accepts women coloring their hair. Why not have the same acceptance for men? You could extend the discussion to makeup. If women can "lie" with makeup should men do it? Should bald men apply makeup to keep from blinding people under the noonday sun? sherb?

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

@FishTX said:

@Bushart said:

Not hating grandma. Just saying society accepts women coloring their hair. Why not have the same acceptance for men? You could extend the discussion to makeup. If women can "lie" with makeup should men do it? Should bald men apply makeup to keep from blinding people under the noonday sun? sherb?

I hear ya---Guess I'm just stubborn and ole fashioned

To me---it's like paddin your Speedo----eventually ya gotta play the hand your dealt :o

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,195 Senior Member

@FishTX said:
    When grandma is in her eighties and has jet black hair, who is she fooling? Her hair wasn't that black in her teens.

I love the ones that have orange/red hair....why that was never natural when you were 20. Hahahaha

Only Gramma's Bikini waxer knows for sure :s

And Remember......

Clairol.....Revlon.....and Vicks, Vap-o-Rub have given us a new term for the millenium

GiLF ;)

@Bushart said:
    And Remember......

Clairol.....Revlon.....and Vicks, Vap-o-Rub have given us a new term for the millenium

GiLF ;)

Be careful or y'all will break some hips.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.