Stupid Question Time

BushartBushart Senior MemberPosts: 2,699 Senior Member

Well with the ultimate P'N Match goin on with your Gov.shutdown...and Trump diggin in till he gets funding for his wall

Has the discussion taken place that if there was a continuous wall along the US/Mexican border....Will the immigrants not just take to the water and land elsewhere---like the rest of the world??

Replies

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 519 Senior Member

The Republicans has both the house and Senate the past couple years — is this only happening because Democrats are taking the house which makes placing blame easier?

This seems a strange bridge to die on.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,195 Senior Member

@bmmike said:
    The Republicans has both the house and Senate the past couple years — is this only happening because Democrats are taking the house which makes placing blame easier?

This seems a strange bridge to die on.

There's nothing on Amazon indicating they are for animals only....and even if it did I think they'd still qualify.

Also, that nonsense about Obama being the most divisive president no longer applies. Bar has been raised with this appeal to tribalism.

(Hope I’m linking this right.)

Shows for me. I’d say it has been being constantly raised, but holy wow.

Also, a plague on your houses for somehow getting me involved in political nonsense!

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,699 Senior Member

I'm getting all this,

But actually this line in the sand over a wall???....And does anyone contemplate its effectiveness?

And Plagues won't work here...too cold

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,506 Senior Member

Whoa, look at Mikey gettin' all political. Hell has frozen over.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,350 Senior Member

Since it began competing in 1900, Mexico has only won two swimming medals in the Olympics and never won an America's Cup.

I'm not worried.

Somewhere there's an enterprising smuggler---a boat and for rent zodiacs

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,795 Senior Member

@Bushart said:
    Somewhere there's an enterprising smuggler---a boat and for rent zodiacs

Buffy needs to scrap the weed farm plan and get in the zodiac business! He can stand on the prow as the illegals motor their way to freedom.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,195 Senior Member

Trump will demand a floating wall.

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 309 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #12

Is it possible that a Drone service will offer low cost lifts over the wall? Of course not. :# Because an extra tall ladder will be cheaper.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,868 Senior Member

Ladders, laddies, ladders. :)

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,714 Senior Member

If I were Pelosi, I am not sure that $5 billion is hill I would be willing to die on.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,795 Senior Member

Pole vault instructor.

The El Chapo tunnel.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

I see that side too, comic. Put the freaking fence up, I don’t care. In fact, make it barbed wire so it rips their pants when they cross (one of my few dislikes about Montana — land of barbed wire, barbed wire everywhere).

This whole us-v-them thing is ridiculous. I think I have seen it said here the country hasn’t been so divided as it was under Obama. That was true, but not any longer. It’s at a whole other level now — least Obama didn’t blatantly promote the divisiveness.

My point is that we spend more than that on a single aircraft. Not enough to shut the government over. There will be bigger battles ahead.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,350 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    If I were Pelosi, I am not sure that $5 billion is hill I would be willing to die on.

Holy SHI*T!

sherb, get in here.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,506 Senior Member

@Steven said:
    Since it began competing in 1900, Mexico has only won two swimming medals in the Olympics and never won an America's Cup.

I'm not worried.

That's because everyone that can swim is already here and it's hard to win a sailing competition with tarps above 55 gallon drums.

Ya know.....Somethin like this

https://bbc.com/news/uk-46705128

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,796 Senior Member

Joking aside, I do think the wall is a hill for Pelosi to die on. Its not the money. If Trump gets even a pittance for the wall, he wins. the Dem base will absolutely lose their everloving minds. Trump knows it. Pelosi knows it. As a line item, its nothing, but as a symbol. . .its everything.

Let's see what happens once she becomes speaker. The problem is, this isn't even Nancy's hill. Schumer could allow a straight up vote.

Gone are the days where Mexico was gonna pay for it I guess

Mike A will be here soon to tell you they are under the new NAFTA.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.