In about 12 hours my wife is leaving me....

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 5,299 Senior Member

To go on a trip with her bestie to Argentina for nearly 2 weeks.

Please pray for my sanity as a single parent :D

Replies

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 541 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #2

If you are anything like me, in approximately 1 week, 6 days, and 18 hours, give or take, you are going to be scrambling to make it appear that a bomb did not go off in your house as you furiously clean and organize.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,099 Senior Member

@bmmike said:
    If you are anything like me, in approximately 1 week, 6 days, and 18 hours, give or take, you are going to be scrambling to make it appear that a bomb did not go off in your house as you furiously clean and organize.

throw in frantically yelling at the kids to clean their room and hiding all the empty liquor bottles, and its like we have the same life.

Haha, indeed (minus the spawn in my case).

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,299 Senior Member

The kids will still be on Christmas break until she gets back but I'll be having to work most of it. I figure as long as I feed them at least once a day everything will be just fine.

Do they make those timed autofeeders for children?

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,556 Senior Member

When my kids were 4 and 8 my wife did a week trip with her bestie. That was the roughest week of my life. We had a major snowstorm, so the kids were trapped inside the whole time.
    Before that, I never understood how someone could shake a baby or beat a child. After that week, I'd see it on the news and I'd think "I get it".
    Que horrible haha.

Good luck.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,099 Senior Member

@CO Native said:
    When my kids were 4 and 8 my wife did a week trip with her bestie. That was the roughest week of my life. We had a major snowstorm, so the kids were trapped inside the whole time.
    Before that, I never understood how someone could shake a baby or beat a child. After that week, I'd see it on the news and I'd think "I get it".
    Que horrible haha.

I had a defense attorney tell me that once. "look man, you won't get it until you've had a few kids." And. . . he was right.

Who among us, there but for the grace of God go I, etc.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,299 Senior Member

Mine are 12 an 9 so they are pretty self sufficient. I know that when they are hungry enough they'll actually make something if I won't. So as long as I can get them moving in the morning to get them off to the rec center (they'll pack own lunches) they'll be pretty easy. But the 12 yo is embracing the heck out of vacation. Hasnt been up before 0930 once since school let out last Friday. hahaha can't blame her

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.