Home The Lodge

The Monetary Cost of Illegal Immigrants.

NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior MemberPosts: 12,227 Senior Member

At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens. That amounts to a tax burden of approximately $8,075 per illegal alien family member and a total of $115,894,597,664. The total cost of illegal immigration to U.S. taxpayers is both staggering and crippling. In 2013, FAIR estimated the total cost to be approximately $113 billion. So, in under four years, the cost has risen nearly $3 billion. This is a disturbing and unsustainable trend.

https://fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers

Replies

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 361 Senior Member
    edited October 2018 #2

@NZ Indicator said:
    The total cost of illegal immigration to U.S. taxpayers is ... crippling. >
    https://fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers

WOW, anyone feeling crippled? Apparently, we weren't so crippled that we couldn't have a tax cut.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member

Wonder if this study factored in what these immigrants are contributing to your day to day society?

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,227 Senior Member

@Bushart said:
    Wonder if this study factored in what these immigrants are contributing to your day to day society?

I thought about that as well to some degree. There's a reason a head of lettuce cost around $1. Does that offset what they cost the U.S. in tax dollars? I don't know.

Or maybe the the wall costs us less than not building it????

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

@Bushart said:

You can have my taco truck tacos when you pry them from my cold dead hands.

Joe,

If only your party* were in control of both houses and the presidency you could do something about this!

*Yeah, yeah... I know you claim to be independent, but really it is time to give up that fantasy. Its ok! Be you!

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,228 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:

@Bushart said:

You can have my taco truck tacos when you pry them from my cold dead hands.

Word!

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,018 Senior Member

Quite certain they are legal immigrants, but a real taco joint just opened up about 2 miles from home. Its so flipping good. There family has another location across town that I'd been to years ago, I was so happy when I saw they were coming. We've been at least 8 times in the 2 months they've been open. I could eat there daily.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,558 Senior Member

@Bushart said:

Or the taxes they pay without any benefits.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,227 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:

*Yeah, yeah... I know you claim to be independent, but really it is time to give up that fantasy. Its ok! Be you!

Really?

This is my vote for WI governor...

https://maggieforgovernor.com/

• SilverCreekSilverCreek Senior Member Posts: 131 Senior Member

@creekyguy said:

@NZ Indicator said:
    The total cost of illegal immigration to U.S. taxpayers is ... crippling. >

WOW, anyone feeling crippled? Apparently, we weren't so crippled that we couldn't have a tax cut.

Maybe the tax cut could have been larger to help pay for more expensive lettuce.........

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,228 Senior Member
    edited October 2018 #12

The mind boggles at comments from the left about rising costs of farm goods if we lose the exploited illegal immigrant population.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 2,306 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

@Bushart said:

Like the free visits to the ER. They overwhelm the ER here with their coughing kids and they aren't turned away. So no benefits is BS, they are costing us way more than they contribute.

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 361 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    The mind boggles at comments from the left about rising costs of farm goods if we lose the exploited illegal immigrant population.

Good point. A better choice would be a Guest Worker program that provides reasonable produce prices while requiring that workers get livable conditions. Opposition to such a reasonable solution boggles my mind.

@creekyguy said:

@MikeA said:

Good point. A better choice would be a Guest Worker program that provides reasonable produce prices while requiring that workers get livable conditions. Opposition to such a reasonable solution boggles my mind.

That was one of the few good ideas W had.

@CO Native said:

@fishingcomic said:

@Bushart said:

Like the free visits to the ER. They overwhelm the ER here with their coughing kids and they aren't turned away. So no benefits is BS, they are costing us way more than they contribute.

Show me evidence that the bulk of people showing up to the ER are not poor white people. Keep in mind that in the past 7 years I spend a lot of time in ER's.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@creekyguy said:

@MikeA said:

Farming is not the only industry that exploits undocumented immigrants. Trump's construction business comes to mind. As well as restaurants, hotels, other service industries. Not to mention sometimes those undocumented immigrants are entrepreneurs that start their own business and hire documented as well as native born employees. The guy out their picking oranges is not the only example of the undocumented.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 2,306 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

@CO Native said:

@fishingcomic said:

@Bushart said:

Show me evidence that the bulk of people showing up to the ER are not poor white people. Keep in mind that in the past 7 years I spend a lot of time in ER's.

My son worked in our ER for 2 years. Mostly brown here with a large chunk of repeating transients.

Funny because I lived in a town that I dare say has more immigrants than yours.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement