Home The Lodge

Thoughts and Prayers (again)

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 7,027 Senior Member
edited October 2018 in The Lodge #1

11 dead in Pittsburgh neighborhood synagogue. Officials are saying it is a hate crime. I’m not linking a story because it is everywhere.
Hopefully nobody my family is acquainted with.

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 6,423 Senior Member

This is awful.

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 541 Senior Member
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member

As heavy as my heart is for the victims and ashamed that a crime of this nature could take place here, the sardonic side of me is waiting for ol' Turtlehead Mitch to express his 'prayers and condolences.'

Jim

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

@magalloway said:
    As heavy as my heart is for the victims and ashamed that a crime of this nature could take place here, the sardonic side of me is waiting for ol' Turtlehead Mitch to express his 'prayers and condolences.'

Jim

Or worse. President **** **** ****-nozzle not only didn’t cancel his MAGA Rally, he complained that the shooting caused him to mess up his hair. No kidding, this happened. He complained he had to be out in the rain and wind to answer questions and it messed up that **** like if **** on his head that sort of looks like human hair.

Dear Mr. Trump,
    Resign now!

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,076 Senior Member
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,237 Senior Member

Prayers for the families. Very disturbing.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,674 Senior Member

The sanctimonious hypocrisy continues.

This morning on Meet The Press the Dem and GOP House election chairs agreed that the Pittsburgh massacre is horrendous, and that we need to have a more civil discourse and put name calling and finger pointing behind us. Then they basically went into a downward spiral of "you first" and "it's your fault, not ours".

The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member

@George K said:

This morning on Meet The Press the Dem and GOP House election chairs agreed that the Pittsburgh massacre is horrendous, and that we need to have a more civil discourse and put name calling and finger pointing behind us. Then they basically went into a downward spiral of "you first" and "it's your fault, not ours".

I watched that as well, pathetic.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member

In fairness we had crazy **** in this country shooting Jewish people long before Trump. Blaming this on him or our currently political divide is just reaching for a fight.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,097 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    In fairness we had crazy **** in this country shooting Jewish people long before Trump. Blaming this on him or our currently political divide is just reaching for a fight.

Unfortunately, this. Nothing new here or worldwide.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,097 Senior Member

@George K said:

I saw this as well. The mind boggles.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 2,307 Senior Member

We need to bring back public executions for people like this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement