For those with small children

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 4,161 Senior Member

In a Facebook post sharing her family's heart-stopping experience, Lindsey McIver said she and her husband woke up last Tuesday to their 4-year-old son "crying so hard he could barely talk." Her husband had immediately flown out of bed and down the stairs when Lindsey realized what her son had said: "Kloe. Inside. Washer."

When the parents reached the basement, they found their 3-year-old daughter trapped inside their new, unused front-loading washer. And it was running.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/parents-horrified-to-find-toddler-trapped-in-running-washing-machine/ar-AAAaimK

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,601 Senior Member

My god. What a nightmare.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,222 Senior Member

My 7 year old totally would have done something like this.

Now, she just walks around saying "What's up, yo?" I think I need to monitor the Disney channel a bit closer.

• WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member

Oh my.

I've been there a few times.

I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • deewelchdeewelch Posts: 9 Junior Member

I think because they are watching too many cartoons. The children should be monitor while watching these cartoons.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,239 Senior Member

Parents were sleeping while 4 year old and 3 year old are running around unattended. Bad parents.

edited July 2018 #8

No? Why you say that?

My kids were never unsupervised at that age.

You or your wife were always up before your kids? Your kids never woke up in the middle of the night?

To be honest, I find this tough to believe.

edited July 2018 #10

Yes we were when they were that age. For the very reasons outlined in that article. You never know what they will get into.

My take from that article is that was the early morning hours between 5am and 8am .Parents still in bed while children roaming around the house.

How do you know you didn't have a kid roaming around at 4 looking for water.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:
    Parents were sleeping while 4 year old and 3 year old are running around unattended. Bad parents.

Bull crap.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,161 Senior Member

My girls were jail breaking from the crib before they could walk. It's impossible to always supervise. You have to do your due diligence in child proofing the house.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,222 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:

Oh c’mon

@MikeA said:
    My girls were jail breaking from the crib before they could walk. It's impossible to always supervise. You have to do your due diligence in child proofing the house.

This.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,046 Senior Member

What Mike said.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • bmmikebmmike Posts: 541 Senior Member

@sherb said:

@NZ Indicator said:

Oh c’mon

Maybe the helicopters were flying overhead day and night. I heard this is how millenials get made.

No? Why you say that?> @Steven said:

How do you know you didn't have a kid roaming around at 4 looking for water.

I guess I don't and it may or may not have happened when I was raising my kids. But we were always up before our kids and didn't wait for them to wake us up. My wife and I were pretty good about child proofing our house when the kids were growing up...cupboard locks, outlet covers, locking doors to certain rooms...to minimize the chance of something bad happening.

In any case, glad this child is OK.

• SeaducerSeaducer Junior Member Posts: 36 Member

True story. I was at a friends house one day when his son 5 and his daughter 3 came out of the house with his son having a very large kitchen knife.I yelled at Paul that Jr had a knife so he yells at his wife to please give Jr. a smaller knife . He told me you have to let kids learn on there own,my thought was what if they don't live that long.

Remember that story a few years ago.... A young, single, black mother of two was working two jobs, taking online college courses and trying to further her career.. She came home after a night shift, fell asleep on the couch due to utter exhaustion, and her 8-10 year old daughter (don't remember exactly how old) was able to unlock the front door and went into the street. She was struck by a car and killed.

People were calling for the mother to be arrested. As if losing a child wasn't punishment enough. And to the point, this mom was working her **** off to better her life for herself and her kids. Yet people like you still called for her to be thrown in prison. And send the remaining child off to be a ward of the state, I guess. Then you can **** about all your tax dollars paying for delinquent, reckless, black people on welfare.

We get it, you're super dad.

I never heard that story and even if I did I wouldn't call for her to be thrown in prison.

She's a bad parent, though. Sleeping while kids are awake.

• joyescapejoyescape Posts: 13 Junior Member

That is so tragic, good thing she's still alive. This is the reason why I have cardinal gates all over the house. It provides a boundary for both my dogs and a 3-year old baby girl so that they will stay away from the laundry and kitchen area.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.