Who said it better:

2»

Replies

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 361 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    The Left's new darling du jour. . .

Once again we suffer from the the successor to swine flu, PPD (Political Punditry Disease). It says here that voters have no idea who what they are voting for, and elections have become the equivalent of the quantum physics double slit experiment. The voters are everywhere and somewhere at the same time.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,048 Senior Member
    edited July 2018 #33

@Steven said:
    What's the over/under on this intellectual giant getting a prime speech spot in a couple of years at the Democratic National Convention?

I'm thinking, with a career as a community organizer, then 2 years in the House, and half a term in the Senate, we could be looking at the 2024 Democratic presidential nominee.

Better than a decades-long career as a sleazy gray-area developer and multiple bankruptcy scammer I should think.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member

@George K said:

@Steven said:
    What's the over/under on this intellectual giant getting a prime speech spot in a couple of years at the Democratic National Convention?

I'm thinking, with a career as a community organizer, then 2 years in the House, and half a term in the Senate, we could be looking at the 2024 Democratic presidential nominee.

Better than a decades-long career as a sleazy gray-area developer and multiple bankruptcy scammer I should think.

She's a communist. Communist.

Cold war isn't over, remember?

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,048 Senior Member

You'd best stop adding acid to your corn, young man.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,418 Senior Member
    edited July 2018 #36

@sherb said:
    Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying she’s stupid. And we know she’s a hard worker who literally wore out two pairs of shoes talking to everyone in the district. She just strikes me as someone who doesn’t see her worldview challenged very often and she’s unprepared when it happens.

You got all that from a 2 minute edited interview? Here's your cue, no 2 shot until the end.

BTW I don't think she did that bad of a job defending her position. Do you think anyone in her district thinks the economy is booming? Do you think any of them got that $4k a year raise Paul Ryan promised them? Or do you think that many of them are working 2 and 3 jobs?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.