I am Confident

13»

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member

I'm in more danger from the identity politics of the left and their FBI collusion, their spying on Americans and ignoring the Constitution than I am from any Russian.

F em. Let them burn. They want identity politics? I'll give them identity politics.

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 541 Senior Member

You are a sensitive I am seeing.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,157 Senior Member

George do you think Putin wants to reform the USSR?

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

@Buffco said:
    I'm in more danger from the identity politics of the left and their FBI collusion, their spying on Americans and ignoring the Constitution than I am from any Russian.

F em. Let them burn. They want identity politics? I'll give them identity politics.

Ah yes, the FBI has always been know as such a liberal institution.

@bmmike said:
    You are a sensitive I am seeing.

Actually, less so nowadays.

@Shawn C. said:

@Buffco said:

Not that they are liberal. They're unaccountable and willing to willing to silence opposition and trample on rights.

Imagine my Strzok sneer face right now.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

@Buffco said:

Imagine my Strzok sneer face right now.

Soooooo hot. :o

@Shawn C. said:

Exactly. Yet so many liberals have sold out to defend them.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,398 Senior Member

@MikeA said:

@Green Mt Boy said:
    In 2014, as a result of Russia's behavior towards Ukraine the US, along with other countries, imposed three rounds of sanctions on various Russians and Russian state connected businesses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_sanctions_during_the_Ukrainian_crisis

I seem to recall that Obama was President in 2014.

And despite what fumbled out of his mouth, Trump has been just as tough on Russia as Obama.

In what way?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Okay I get that Russia is an adversary, but is the relationship just as dangerous as the cold war when both sides were willing to melt the entire planet?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@MikeA said:

@Shawn C. said:

Exactly. Yet so many liberals have sold out to defend them.

What have liberals sold out?

Are you asking me to type all that he's done because you really don't know, or because you think I don't know?

Their souls.

I am asking because I know he hasn't done jack.

@MikeA said:

Their souls.

You are confusing us with Trumpsters.

edited July 2018 #77

No. > @fishingcomic said:

I am asking because I know he hasn't done jack.

You should branch out more where you get your news. Rachel Madcow is lying to you.

I am not into alternate facts.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,043 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    George do you think Putin wants to reform the USSR?

I'll take your question as a serious one.

So, the answer is no, IMO. I think his goal is more like recreating a Tsarist Russia, with you-know-who playing the role of Tsar. Thus he may not be rekindling the Cold War so much as The Great Game, but with a new primary opponent. That would be us.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

And now for a musical interlude.

It was a serious question. I'd heard it from a few places. I was just curious what the opinion of our trusted worldly scholar was.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,219 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    Okay I get that Russia is an adversary, but is the relationship just as dangerous as the cold war when both sides were willing to melt the entire planet?

Maybe we should take Putin seriously but not literally.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.